Hacking PSiCO Scene Group advise on waiting for a new dump tool

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Note to mods: No links to copyrighted/pirated material are contained here, as it is just information contained in a nfo file.

The scene Group advises to wait for a proper tool, once full kernel access is available in Henkaku to enable proper decrypted dumps, instead of using modified files/tricks to the current dumps using Vitamin.

http://rom-news.org/psv/nfo/Uncharted_Golden_Abyss_EUR_PROPER_READNFO_PSV-PSiCO

Last edited by retrofan_k,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm can't say I disagree with what they've said.
Vitamin and Maidumper are excellent tools, of course, but having a dump that is a near perfect image of the game would be ideal. Let's hope everything is as they predict, with new tools after HENkaku source is released.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm can't say I disagree with what they've said.
Vitamin and Maidumper are excellent tools, of course, but having a dump that is a near perfect image of the game would be ideal. Let's hope everything is as they predict, with new tools after HENkaku source is released.
But when is the henkaku source coming out

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
why should one wait, when almost full liblariay of games is available already?
Get 70 hours into Final Fantasy before a fatal crash caused by a bad dump wipes your save forever. That's just an example.

They kind of mentioned that in the .nfo.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Get 70 hours into Final Fantasy before a fatal crash caused by a bad dump wipes your save forever. That's just an example.

They kind of mentioned that in the .nfo.
so, one of 100 games can crush at certain point? That a large problem.

D

Deleted-355425

Heres their previous message:

Scene_Notice_For_Vitamin_Dumps_READNFO_PSV-PSiCO.jpg

saber_gvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk about you guys but I have wait for 4 years for this to happen + there are also a bunch of game I haven't completed yet on other devices so wait a bit more for a " almost perfect - perfect " it's okay.

Don't wanna play 40 hours into an RPG and then game fail + lost save or something similar like that

Reactions: retrofan_k

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't disagree with this statement either.

A proper solution for "backups" will use 1:1 copies of the original games.
Current dumping methods are inelegant workarounds, trying to wedge backup loading into a homebrew solution. The current dumping tools are certainly impressive technically - being able to patch an executable to force it to dump itself and then reconstruct a binary from that, bypassing both DRM and ASLR without needing kernel control - is very impressive. But this is also the source of many incompatibilities, and it means that Vitamin and Mai dumps are inferior to original games.

I imagine that if/when this scene matures and we get an open source CFW, people will move away from installing .vpks and using spotty dumping tools. You'll get a PS3-like system that allows you to install clean game .pkg files and fake .rif licenses from .rap files and/or you'll get a cart mounter/emulator (for .psv roms, perhaps?).
Original binaries will be superior to the frankenstein monsters current tools are able to dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night