HWFLY chips will brick your OLED. Here is how to avoid it

First things first, I should start by saying that if you have an OLED-specific clone chip you're fine.

Anyways, all HWFLY Lite chips come with Spacecraft v1. For those that don't know, Spacecraft v1 sets certain pins to 5V that shouldn't be set to that on an OLED.

You can find more info in the readme of my application here: https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/payloadchecker

All this application does is check the payload that's currently written and checks it to verified hashes stored in the program.

Steps to follow are:

Boot hekate
Dump BOOT0
Check it on application

If you have a genuine modchip, update it to the latest Spacecraft v2 before you install it into an OLED.

The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.

SkolGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm new here and I would like some help, I bought the HWFLY in china by the comments of the buyers, the model is upgradable and comes with spacecraft 0.2.0. I haven't done the installation yet on my Nintendo Switch oled and I would like to test it to see if it really is spacecraft 0.2.0. Would it be possible for me to do this by connecting the chip directly to the PC via the micro usb cable? If so could you explain to me how. Thank you all.

SkolGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm new here and I would like some help, I bought the HWFLY in china by the comments of the buyers, the model is upgradable and comes with spacecraft 0.2.0. I haven't done the installation yet on my Nintendo Switch oled and I would like to test it to see if it really is spacecraft 0.2.0. Would it be possible for me to do this by connecting the chip directly to the PC via the micro usb cable? If so could you explain to me how. Thank you all.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-04-12 at 21.04.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-12 at 21.04.41.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 109

SkolGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys I'm new here and I'm still learning. I bought the hwfly chip in China that model from the photo below. I updated it using the Hfly-nx Release 0.6.2 file. I've already installed it and it's working perfectly, only I'm in doubt whether even after upgrading my device and spacecraft o.2.0. Are I downloaded payload_checker from @Mena and when I run with boot0 backup and BOOT1 pops up the following message "Unknown Payload/SX Payload?" as you can see in the picture I sent too. Is this "Release 0.6.2" update sending the correct voltage to my OLED Switch? I when I updated the chip with the "Release 0.6,2" I just downloaded the file and installed it via the micro usb cable before installing the chip on the Switch. I'm putting my BOOT0 and BOOT1 here in case @Mena or anyone can analyze if it is fully OLED compatible I appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• Meu HWFLY.jpg
    Meu HWFLY.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Capturar.JPG
    Capturar.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 94
  • BOOT0 and BOOT1.rar
    434.8 KB · Views: 46

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys I'm new here and I'm still learning. I bought the hwfly chip in China that model from the photo below. I updated it using the Hfly-nx Release 0.6.2 file. I've already installed it and it's working perfectly, only I'm in doubt whether even after upgrading my device and spacecraft o.2.0. Are I downloaded payload_checker from @Mena and when I run with boot0 backup and BOOT1 pops up the following message "Unknown Payload/SX Payload?" as you can see in the picture I sent too. Is this "Release 0.6.2" update sending the correct voltage to my OLED Switch? I when I updated the chip with the "Release 0.6,2" I just downloaded the file and installed it via the micro usb cable before installing the chip on the Switch. I'm putting my BOOT0 and BOOT1 here in case @Mena or anyone can analyze if it is fully OLED compatible I appreciate it. Thank you.

This is definitely newer than spacecraft v2. You are safe to use. The checker is kinda outdated now and no one use hwfly lite on oled anymore.

tlgug97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It looks like mine is bricked :(. The led goes from purple/pink to fixed red, I sent it to a store and they said the mainboard is damaged.

Reactions: SkolGBA

SkolGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So just updating everyone on the situation, I inspected the flex ribbon power cable, cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, the problem continued, I solved it then by inspecting the Switch motherboard, I took the motherboard out and cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol, looked the welds and they are all good, I looked at the board to see if I could identify anything missing and I didn't miss anything. And I'm thinking that the problem is not the flex cable, but something on the board that I couldn't identify, for me it's all there.
The only thing wrong with my solder is that when I soldered the 3.3V wire to the capacitor, the solder ended up sticking and joining the other capacitor. As you can see in the photo.

I looked at the flet cable connector with a microscope to see if there was anything making a jumper, and by the photo it is clean.
1650747607895.jpg
1650747607924.jpg

GTbPOsWv.jpg

I wasn't worried about it because I had seen a video on the ModzvilleUSA channel! where he joins the two dots and he said no problem.

1650747607870.jpg

Do you think this could cause any problems? I tried to separate it but I couldn't.

I also looked at the flat cable connector with a microscope to see if there was anything making a jumper, and by the photo it is clean.

1329520667062.jpg

1329520670113.jpg

Well, I think I'll leave it like this, the only inconvenience is that every time I load ATMOSPHÈRE I'll have to click on Launch with the Volume + key pressed and when I want to decrease or increase the volume I'll have to do it through the Joy-con home button.

If anyone else here has any more tips or know what is happening and can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1650747607900.jpg
    1650747607900.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 115

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just updating everyone on the situation, I inspected the flex ribbon power cable, cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, the problem continued, I solved it then by inspecting the Switch motherboard, I took the motherboard out and cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol, looked the welds and they are all good, I looked at the board to see if I could identify anything missing and I didn't miss anything. And I'm thinking that the problem is not the flex cable, but something on the board that I couldn't identify, for me it's all there.
The only thing wrong with my solder is that when I soldered the 3.3V wire to the capacitor, the solder ended up sticking and joining the other capacitor. As you can see in the photo.

I looked at the flet cable connector with a microscope to see if there was anything making a jumper, and by the photo it is clean.View attachment 307291View attachment 307292
View attachment 307293

I wasn't worried about it because I had seen a video on the ModzvilleUSA channel! where he joins the two dots and he said no problem.

View attachment 307294

Do you think this could cause any problems? I tried to separate it but I couldn't.

I also looked at the flat cable connector with a microscope to see if there was anything making a jumper, and by the photo it is clean.

View attachment 307295

View attachment 307296

Well, I think I'll leave it like this, the only inconvenience is that every time I load ATMOSPHÈRE I'll have to click on Launch with the Volume + key pressed and when I want to decrease or increase the volume I'll have to do it through the Joy-con home button.

If anyone else here has any more tips or know what is happening and can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
I think this update might be in the wrong thread, but some good flux and a clean soldering iron tip should separate the capacitors.

Reactions: SkolGBA

SkolGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by SkolGBA,

tlgug97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I’m willing to bet you it’s just DAT0 adapter placement

After 10 days now they said they can't fix it and will give me a new one at 50% discounted price (since it's out of warranty time). :(

They will use new oled one + old chip from mine so i'm afraid it will brick again soon.

Last edited by tlgug97,

Janna

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I'm new to this, is there any way I can send it to some place so I can get someone experienced to do it? I honestly don't trust myself to replace the chip carefully.

Jorgetest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, could someone help me please, I have a big question that won't let me sleep xd, I want to buy a hwfly oled v4 chip, I have asked in a couple of stores the pre-installed firmware, in the first store they told me that it has the spacecraft 0.7.0 installed and the second store spacecraft 0.3.0, the second store told me that 0.7.0 is not the best and that they only accept official firmware pre-installed from the factory, which one should I buy? the second store is supposed to be hwfly official store on aliexpress

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, could someone help me please, I have a big question that won't let me sleep xd, I want to buy a hwfly oled v4 chip, I have asked in a couple of stores the pre-installed firmware, in the first store they told me that it has the spacecraft 0.7.0 installed and the second store spacecraft 0.3.0, the second store told me that 0.7.0 is not the best and that they only accept official firmware pre-installed from the factory, which one should I buy? the second store is supposed to be hwfly official store on aliexpress
This thread applies primarily to the HWFLY Lite chips that were initially used for OLED installs before the OLED specific chips were created. You want the upgradable OLED chip with six solder points. You can apply the HWFLY-NX firmware of your preference yourself. There is no standard around the HWFLY chip versioning or firmware from the vendors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: