PSA: to thoose who don't use the wii for a long time

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by migles, Nov 11, 2016.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    I had not used my wii for a year and when i get it from the attic again, the sd card was almost stuck inside and while putting the card back the spring was not properly ejecting the card...
    i removed it for a day or 2, and the spring is still OK, but sometimes it doesn't work properly..
    the spring was perfectly fine before i get tired of the wii...

so i recommend that you remove the sd card if the console just sits for months.. or remove it every once in a while because the spring is in tension and should relax...
    unless you want an excuse to disassemble it and get a new sd card slot for it

if the console is in horizontal, there is space to put the card in the bottom of the console, you may concideer this place instead have it loose somewhere where it doesn't belong..

keep in mind, the sd card slot can go bad anyway... so don't blame me in case it breaks or something...
    i am just hopping this reminder is usefull to keep the slot lasting more time..
    even if nowadays sd card is not that usefull since you can launch homebrew and almost everything works from a usb drive

Last edited by migles, Nov 11, 2016
    MAXLEMPIRA, Sliter and Zero72463 like this.
  2. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    I'm trying to set mine up but haven't found an all purpose updated guide for that...

I was wondering what people recommend the most out of WiiFlow 4 (abdallahterro's version) or the recently updated USB loader GX, and what are the difference with their normal counterparts?

I got as far as running VBAGX and SNES9XGX

Also, how can I install a homebrew into a channel on the Home Menu? I could do this with VBA because it provided me the files needed to do so.