1. hippy dave

OP hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    It's the installer not the NSPs that are the problem.

tiliarou likes this.
  2. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

France
    Then explain to me why it get corrupt with normal nsps and not with bbb nsps?
    Are you implying I’m lying ?

3. hippy dave

OP hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Ok that's a new one on me, tho I didn't think it corrupted every time anyway, so it's interesting if this is actually a factor and not just random chance.

4. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

France
    Also even tho it shows corrupt they works perfectly fine.
    I think it’s just some md5 mismatch or smtg minor like this.
    No need to worry.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  5. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Canada
    You seem confused.

tiliarou and TotalJustice like this.
  6. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Have not had any issues with this, must note I only did a few NSPs as of now.
    Testing 7 later on. If I run into any issues I will report but if it was SX OS's installer ... aka basically tinfoil.... then we would have heared more about that I am guessing ;)

7. key1340

key1340 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's not just a SX OS problem i installed five games with tinfoil. Three show as corrupt and two fine. I have completed all three of the corrupt games with zero problems.

Mambitos likes this.
  8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

BBB mentioned in the dumps the cdnsp downloads were not correct that’s because they are missing some files that are not important/necessary to the install so when the switch does a corruption check it finds the missing files are not there so it flags up as a corruption but the game/install itself is fine and should work perfect. Maybe your flashback error might of been a one off or something I wouldn’t worry.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  9. hippy dave

OP hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I'm pretty sure it's been shown that the extra files BBB put in their NSPs are not actually installed to the Switch, so that can't be a factor.

tiliarou likes this.
  10. Thetoto

Thetoto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    My Zelda title was corrupted some days ago, maybe it's this.

11. Bocchuoi

Bocchuoi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Wait what happens if i redownload the game after finding out it's corrupted?
    I installed couple nsp games using tinfoil and every single one is corrupted. I decided to redownload them. Now my switch is occasionally freezing and gives 2144 0001 error code while playing. I wonder if this is the cause?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  12. Brandon Golway

Newcomer

United States
    Yep, just what I figured earlier, just a MD5 mismatch.

13. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    2144 0001 error can also happen with xci games and even just playing homebrew so I doubt it's caused by a broken nsp game.

14. Scitzo

Scitzo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The "corruption" is probably merely some misaligned encryption or hash check that the firmware doesn't understand.

I have 30+ nsp's installed on my switch -all using sx os-, and I've fully -completed- several of those games.

Zero adverse effect whatsoever, and no games have had any issues at all. Just because the system "thinks" something is wrong doesnt mean there is. We are doing things that the system never intended to happen or much less have an understanding of using tools that arent written by nintendo, things can happen in these scenarios.

Monkiky likes this.
  15. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The 20+ games I've installed and played must be corrupt, then!

lol gbatemp users

DarthDub likes this.
  16. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To be sure it is best to verify the NSPs were not corrupt to begin with (or you get a false positive). We know CDNSP/Dodge have packed corrupted NSPs. Not saying this is the issue just be sure to run the verify tool on NSPs before installing. idk maybe corrupt NSPs can't be installed anyway? I never tried to install a corrupt one.

EDIT: Oh sounds like it is an SX OS bug: https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154708-SxOS-installer-bug-located

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  17. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Canada
    Do you even read?

18. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And your point is what?

19. ValenValentine

Newcomer

United States
    So far I tested for corruption. It is in fact present with SX OS installs, so thank you for pointing this out.

We need more data before people say things like "but it works fine" and this "shouldn't be a PSA". I'll update any games that don't work due to corruption...that said, so far it does seem an md5 mismatch or something unimportant...SO FAR. Please post if it effects your game, and in what way. I may have to start using dev menu if it starts sounding bad out there :/

20. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

I agree there is a slight bug in tx’s installer but nothing that is effecting the title from working properly, the TX installer is picking up a mismatch that the Devmenu installer isn’t but nothing worth worrying about to the end user. If your picky and want a clean checked “corruption” free install then use the devmenu, if your not concerned keep using the TX installer it won’t hurt. Gaming bugs could be just down to having corruption in grabbing the nsp off cdnsp, if it’s not a clean download from cdn to install it can have issues.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installer, installed, corrupt