MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's problem starts by giving us an SD card slot to load things from. I'm shocked they still haven't learned anything since the release of the Wii in 2006... The SD-less Wii Mini wasn't hacked for a LOOOOONG time because of this. So maybe once they give us a Switch or future system without an SD card slot, and a decent amount of storage to begin with, then maybe hacks will stop. But they'd probably fuck up and leave another backdoor via wireless booting or some bullshit, they always do.

Brottor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One question, Can the fusee gelee patch be aplied to any switch updating a new firmware or something like that? Or is it just for the newest consoles?

Thank you!!!

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo's problem starts by giving us an SD card slot to load things from. I'm shocked they still haven't learned anything since the release of the Wii in 2006... The SD-less Wii Mini wasn't hacked for a LOOOOONG time because of this. So maybe once they give us a Switch or future system without an SD card slot, and a decent amount of storage to begin with, then maybe hacks will stop. But they'd probably fuck up and leave another backdoor via wireless booting or some bullshit, they always do.

Vita has a microsd and it took a very long to exploit the console. The microsd slot in itself doesn't weaken the console, in fact it had no role to play at all in the current exploits entry points.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vita has a microsd and it took a very long to exploit the console. The microsd slot in itself doesn't weaken the console, in fact it had no role to play at all in the current exploits entry points.
The Vita did not have a microSD but a proprietary, expensive storage device. I agree, though, that having a standard, user expandable storage device is not a weak point.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii mini was never hacked at all if i am remembering right if it had id like a link to the hack plz

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine on June 7th, hope that's not too late. It came with 4.1.0 and I tried paper clip and tin foil methods, neither worked. But I couldn't figure out how to properly do them and it was improper. So I'm just gonna get a jig and do it the right way. I wonder how long these switch's have been out in the wild and only just been discovered.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got mine on June 7th, hope that's not too late. It came with 4.1.0 and I tried paper clip and tin foil methods, neither worked. But I couldn't figure out how to properly do them and it was improper. So I'm just gonna get a jig and do it the right way. I wonder how long these switch's have been out in the wild and only just been discovered.
Whats the modelnumber and serialnumber?

Sta1ny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need hardware to enter RCM and to send the payload, but the exploit is a software exploit. The hardware is used as intended, only the software is exploited.

Oh ok. Well ive ordered a new neon switch from Game.co.uk (£290 with platoon 2) so hopefully i will be ok. Is there a database i can compare the model/serial number or something else to so I know if I'm good to open it?

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wait, so if there is an online-shop that does not have a switch in stock and I will order from them, I will get a patched Switch where sx will not work? Did anyone from Europe can confirm this?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If RCM mode still works, then maybe we can find other ways to inject the payload, maybe by certain hardware, or press combination of button to activate inject payload, because even Nintendo when they need to fix bricked switchs they need to inject thief own payload.

Or maybe by solder something in the board.

Pittek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to let you know:
I bought a brand new second switch about ten days ago in Germany (my first one will stay untouched). I've updated it from 4.0.1 to 5.1 before booting up anything in RCM and made a NAND backup.
This unit works flawless with SX OS or i.e. Hekate payload.

Reactions: Erol

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's why RCM still works. The new models simply won't accept an exploited payload anymore.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk
That's why i said you need to press combination of buttons just like when you want to boot to bootloader in Android device, so maybe there is a way to use that.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's why i said you need to press combination of buttons just like when you want to boot to bootloader in Android device, so maybe there is a way to use that.
Nintendo launches their own "payload" by signing it. They don't need an exploit to force the system to run their software using a buffer overflow.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: andijames and c80

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: