• Views 85,275
  • Replies 315
  • Likes 10

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks! Well I am sure that if a hardware revision does come it'll be soon. Always when I get something, a better version gets announced shortly after. This happened when I got my 3DSXL with the new, SOTC on ps3 and then announced for ps4... *sigh*
NOTHING was announced about Switch. It is just people a still dreaming of having PS4 Pro power in their pocket.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So could Mariko be a hardware upgrade, rather than just patching the exploits?

Mariko was not ever just about patching the exploits. There is speculation it's on a new process & it might have faster and more memory.

It was assumed they would patch the exploits in Mariko because it was disclosed early enough, the T210 fixes were also expected.

Nobody knows anything about the T214 for sure because it is a new chip just for Nintendo that nobody has seen, while you could go out and buy a T210 development board and easily run your own code on it. It will be interesting how T214 hacking goes now that hackers don't have that easy option available to them.

Last edited by smf,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put a return right now on my switch I’m going to lose $8 from Amazon, if fusee glee is really needed for sx os, there is no point in me having my own switch, there is another switch already in my household but I wanted my own for homebrew and back loading, which may not be happening anytime soon. I got till August 7 to return my switch if I really decide on returning it.

When did you order it from Amazon, and what is the serial number on it? The only thing I've seen from you is that you're returning it becasue you updated it to 4.1. Which you've already been told, means absolutely nothing as far as it being able to run Fusee gelee or not.

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to tell the difference between a hackable and unhackable Switch? Thinking of buying one very soon...

AFAIK the only way is to try loading a payload. I'm sure other serial number based details will be confirmed soon.

joskewarez

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After ordering my switch from amazon Germany 3 days ago, I received a XAJ7003 serial switch, which seemed rather vulnerable, phew! :)

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you order it from Amazon, and what is the serial number on it? The only thing I've seen from you is that you're returning it becasue you updated it to 4.1. Which you've already been told, means absolutely nothing as far as it being able to run Fusee gelee or not.
I bought it this month on July 4
My serial # begins with xaw7001645
You made a good point though I never actually looked at my serial #.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just going to buy a jig to test this out, I see a user above me has a similar serial # to my switch.

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With all the people ordering Switches and hoping for an Older Version, I would think Nintendo would have been proactive in Recalling old units they new were vulnerable and replacing with new Stock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back