Gaming PSA: Rayman Legends Vita missing levels, going to be added later via free DLC

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,058
  • Replies 39
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Vita version has only a total of 615 lums to collect, whereas the console/PC versions have 700.

ibods8yeoww5Sx.JPG

ibmmLbUBw8E1Ap.JPG

- Vita trophy list
- PS3 trophy list

All of the invasion stages are missing.

source

edit: good guy ubisoft.

Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.
http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-legends-out-now/

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's odd the only time you post in Vita sections is something negative.

...Oh who am I kidding its not odd in the slightest.

Anyway, its the portable version. I'm sure some cuts had to be made. Still get a majority of the game i'd imagine.

I wonder if they did it on purpose or not.

It would be astounding if they somehow just forgot levels. Not to mention the game was probably made for PS3 and then ported for PC/Vita, where changes were made. PC probably not noticeable changes, but apparently the vita version is missing a bit of content. Not really a big deal of course, but yeah. It's near impossible to not do something like that on purpose.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is really disappointing news especially after Vita was meant to get exclusive content.
I loved Origins on Vita and that had the invasion levels so I want to know why they are cut from this game on Vita.
I suspect it's to sell back as DLC... has there been any official word yet as to why the levels have been cut?

I was going to pick it up on Vita but obviously I want the most complete version for my money. I guess it will come to plus sometime next year too as Origins did, so maybe waiting this one out will pay off. It's not like I don't anything to play on Vita!

EDIT

Vita version misses 28 levels!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rs-discover-vita-version-is-missing-28-levels

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a shame that the invasion levels are missing. As to be honest, the rest of the game is very very easy to complete, and only gets taxing once the invasion levels are open (on the 360 version anyway)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
OP update the thread, Ubisoft were asked about and said the levels will be added on a later update.

"Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps playable with Murphy, the greenbottle fly seen in previous Rayman games," Ubisoft said at the time of the Vita version's announcement.

We've contacted Ubisoft for an explanation and have asked if the content could be added at a later date.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Well bummer. I have already picked it up so it's technically too late to do anything about it. I don't think I'd return it regardless though. It's a fun game, but with the Invasion levels essentially comprising the game's "hard mode" that's a major blow to the game.

I am however holding out hope that the levels will be added in the near future. If Ubisoft announces otherwise, get back to me and my tune may very well change.

It would be astounding if they somehow just forgot levels. Not to mention the game was probably made for PS3 and then ported for PC/Vita, where changes were made. PC probably not noticeable changes, but apparently the vita version is missing a bit of content. Not really a big deal of course, but yeah. It's near impossible to not do something like that on purpose.
So one possibility is that the Vita port wasn't developed entirely in-house. Some of the work may have been farmed out to another developer, especially as Ubisoft Montpellier is already composed of multiple groups in multiple locations (although there's no easy way to access the credits, at least not without beating the game). In which case you can certainly end up with disparities if content made after the break isn't also worked on. Not that it's excusable regardless.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Invasion levels are indeed missing, but it's a bit unfair not to mention PSVita-exclusive challenges in the same breath. Here's for hoping that they'll pop up in a patch/free/cheap DLC later on.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.

Apparently, it IS coming later via free patch.
VitaDefinitiveVersion!!!

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country

Apparently, it IS coming later via free patch.
This is basically what I expected to happen. The fact that the levels aren't already on there is disappointing, but this is a reasonable outcome.

WiiUDefinitiveVersion!!!
Neither is the definitive version.

The Vita will have the most levels (due to the 5 extra Vita levels), but the WiiU has higher resolution graphics graphics and better audio.

Or if you ask some people, the touch/gyro Murfy sections are awful and break the platforming experience, in which case the PC/PS3/360 version is the best version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: