Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Low and behold, GW responds. Guess what that means? The only people who need to fight this encryption are blue 3ds and sky3ds. Better yet, PoC on Cheating? Wow, talk about progress. Love having a GW and being patient. Love having a card that is capable of being updated. Yeah thats me rubbing it in on the owners of sky3ds who blasted GW back then.
Never mind all the ignorant fools over the past months who had 9.0 units and updated saying "sky3ds will never get blocked gateway is pointless".

Reactions: Ericss

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind all the ignorant fools over the past months who had 9.0 units and updated saying "sky3ds will never get blocked gateway is pointless".

With all I've been hearing, why would anyone in their right mind update their gateway available 3ds!?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all I've been hearing, why would anyone in their right mind update their gateway available 3ds!?
Trust me people were that stubborn and stupid especially the ones with little to no posts asking for help yet don't budge when they get professional opinions.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

YOu should ask the sky3ds users.

But anyway I really wish the sky3ds had the option of upgrading there hardware, but maybe it was due to the limitations of the design.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well it was just people who claimed gateway was too confusing for them....even though it's cheaper and more versatile they wanted something overly simple, still good for kids and stuff, but any one with basic understanding of how these things work would have went with Gw/CFW

Reactions: tony_2018

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think anyone's ever advertised that - ever since the Sky3DS was released, it was an alternative solution for users over 9.2, users owning 3DS'es below that firmware were always recommended to get a GW or run a CFW instead.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone's ever advertised that - ever since the Sky3DS was released, it was an alternative solution for users over 9.2, users owning 3DS'es below that firmware were always recommended to get a GW or run a CFW instead.
And yet we got train wreck threads like that one guy who was losing his shit telling everyone "don't tell me what to do with my own 3DS" trust me i'm on the site everyday just about and get mobile alerts, allot of the stuff I read is just cringe worthy sometimes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And yet we got train wreck threads like that one guy who was losing his shit telling everyone "don't tell me what to do with my own 3DS" trust me i'm on the site everyday just about and get mobile alerts, allot of the stuff I read is just cringe worthy sometimes.
People are responsible for their own property, they make their own choices and suffer their consequences. I still like my Sky cartridges - they come in handy and they're idiot-proof. Here's for hoping this new AP will only apply to a few games, specifically Nintendo's first-party releases. If not, there's still a billion of compatible games and the hardware itself isn't banned, so hey - I'll live.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the chances of a N3DS 9.7.0 running Gateway in the future?
Unless the gateway team gets ahold of a HUGE leak from Nintendo that has the 9.6 keys or they shell out a shit load of money to someone for a new kernel exploit its not gonna happen anytime soon updating to 9.9 won't affect you in the future if they do make a release.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are responsible for their own property, they make their own choices and suffer their consequences. I still like my Sky cartridges - they come in handy and they're idiot-proof. Here's for hoping this new AP will only apply to a few games, specifically Nintendo's first-party releases. If not, there's still a billion of compatible games and the hardware itself isn't banned, so hey - I'll live.
I think Xenon's point is that people updated and used the "Sky3DS will never be blocked, there is no need for GW!" fallacy as a justification. Which was pretty ignorant and stupid, especially given that hackers had warned people that it can be blocked.

Last edited by Ericss,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think Xenon's point is that people is that people updated and used the "Sky3DS will never be blocked, there is no need for GW!" fallacy as a justification. Which was pretty ignorant and stupid, especially given that hackers had warned people that it can be blocked.
Technically speaking it wasn't blocked - the cartridge works, it's the games that have additional checks now.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? Please tell me you're joking :rofl: Why anyone would update their 9.0 unit is beyond me, that's so foolish! CFW or Gateway use, thrown away for a stupid flash card that lets you pirate, which you could have done with a Gateway or Custom Firmware anyways, I don't see the logic here, a very very rash choice imo

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
That was a great thread

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
More or less, at least when it comes to this particular AP which might not be standard.
i doubt they would not make it standard, that would just piss off third party devs if their own games get exclusive extra security, i guess the big delay between sky3ds and this new protection was just clearing out their existing chips to replace with one with a more robust security protocol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i doubt they would not make it standard, that would just piss off third party devs if their own games get exclusive extra security, i guess the big delay between sky3ds and this new protection was just clearing out their existing chips to replace with one with a more robust security protocol
Just like how they shared the AP from Pokemon games last gen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, hope you get better