Homebrew Discussion PSA: IM BANNANAS by playing Online using Xecuter OS SX

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a weird thing. Tested Doom (scene release) with SX OS and a message popped up saying I'd been restricted from online services. Wasn't trying to play multiplayer or anything, it just popped up. Out of curiosity I rebooted in OFW and tested Rocket league & Fast RMX (2 games I bought from the eShop) online, and I could still play them online

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FALSE ALARM: IM NOT BANNED YET. I CAN PLAY ONLINE MY LEGIT GAMES!!! BUT I CANT ANYMORE PLAY ONLINE BACKUP GAMES.

Ok guys, i got Banned after 12h of using Online. But..
I can still use eshop
I can still use friendlist
I can still update games

So if you dont care online play, dont use airplane and enjoy game updates and others.

Good, sir, we shall forever remember your great sacrifice for the community :P

AMEN...

x0x0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you own a legit copy of Splatoon 2?
NAH

I just had a weird thing. Tested Doom (scene release) with SX OS and a message popped up saying I'd been restricted from online services. Wasn't trying to play multiplayer or anything, it just popped up. Out of curiosity I rebooted in OFW and tested Rocket league & Fast RMX (2 games I bought from the eShop) online, and I could still play them online
So i think they just turned on, anti-piracy system i played alot splatoon 2 morning..

Reactions: Rizzorules

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i think they just turned on, anti-piracy system i played alot splatoon 2 morning..
What I'm really curious is if the ban is being made server-side or console-side.
From what I can see, it seems to be server-based.

But what I'd like to see is if you can access online in a game like, let's say, Splatoon 2.
We know you are banned with the backup copy, which is missing important information for certification, but what if you could try with a legit copy?
If you can enter online with the legit copy and not the backup then that means something...

Reactions: DarkSeele

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
To soon to tell. Would like to know in a couple days, maybe with a new update if you can still play online. Maybe Ninti just banned your game cause they dont know why it doesnt have a header.

You would probably get banned in the future.

Still, it would be cool if we can download game updateds without getting banned.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same. looks like anti piracy online is up.

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To soon to tell. Would like to know in a couple days, maybe with a new update if you can still play online. Maybe Ninti just banned your game cause they dont know why it doesnt have a header.

You would probably get banned in the future.

Still, it would be cool if we can download game updateds without getting banned.
You're probably right about the real ban coming later, because his switch technically got caught.

But I dont think they can ban you for updating the games. You don't even have to have a cart inserted to update your game.

Bakugo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
I think it's important to note what the message and error code are.
The code (2124-4025) is different from the one ShinyQuagsire got (2124-4007) when he was banned for using the CDN.
The message also says "the use of online services is currently restricted by nintendo" while the ban said "the use of online services on this console is currently restricted"
So it's pretty obvious that your console is not banned (yet?) and you're merely being blocked from authenticating with an invalid cert.

Reactions: ByteBite

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You're probably right about the real ban coming later, because his switch technically got caught.

But I dont think they can ban you for updating the games. You don't even have to have a cart inserted to update your game.

I guess its "safer" than playing online, but we still dont know what gets sent to Nintendo, even when updating. The console generates data from any game is running, so maybe that data (like headers and unique card information) its saved on the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: