tl;dr If you use the Homebrew Browser, follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-the-homebrew-browser-in-six-easy-steps.438982/ Otherwise, not only will the Homebrew Browser not work, but other homebrew like Nintendont may crash as well. long version/rant A few days ago I set up Nintendont on my Wii U. This was the first time installing homebrew on my vWii. I used my old 2GB SD card from my Wii. It had some old Homebrew on it. A couple emulators, Gecko, and the Homebrew Browser. I added Smash Stack and Nintendont to the SD card, and installed the Homebrew channel. I launched Nintendont. After a minute of playing around in the settings menu, I got a black screen with Exception (DSI) occurred That was annoying, so I google how to solve the problem. Some people had trouble with cIOS, and even though I knew for certain I was on plain old IOS58 (I had JUST installed the homebrew channel), I thought I would grab syscheck off of the Homebrew Browser to see if something was up. I booted up the homebrew browser, but I couldn't download anything. It said "creating folders failed". Then, after a few download attempts, Exception (DSI) occurred this time in the Homebrew Browser! I assumed it was something wrong with my SD card, so I switched cards. Same problem, in both Nintendont AND the Homebrew Browser. I formatted both cards. Same error. I tried using my Wii instead. Same error. So it was not my card's fault and not the console's fault, but somehow the same error appeared in two different programs!! After spending half the day googling, tearing my hair out, I realized I should try tackling the Homebrew Browser first, because it had more troubleshooting resources than Nintendont. I eventually stumbled across the solution I linked to above, and it stopped the Homebrew Browser from crashing! Great! So the crashes were a coincidence? NO. I tried booting Nintendont, expecting it to still crash, but Nintendont was fixed too! If you'll notice, the solution involves patching the settings.xml file in the Homebrew Browser folder. I have no idea why this file was effecting Nintendont. My best guess is that the Homebrew Browser was so corrupt, that when it tried to download files with the broken settings.xml file, it screwed up the whole SD card. If you can think of a better explanation, I am all ears. The kicker is I am unable to reproduce the either crash. When I tried using a backup of all the files on the SD card that caused it to crash, including the old settings.xml, the Homebrew Browser refuses to download, but it doesn't crash. And Nintendont doesn't crash either. It might have something to do with how I changed settings in Nintendont.