Hacking [PSA (For young/new people)] Sellers on Ebay are listing Switch demo shells as real consoles.

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're easy to spot. Look at the back, and you should see (since they usually pen out the English part that says, "Non working"), "Exemplaire factice", French for "Fake copy", ("exemplaire" - copy, "factice" - fake).

You will also spot two long lines of text. "Weight not representative of final product.", or a line in French again. I have attached images of my Switch, and the fake one. Mine is the "Made in China 2016" one, with the "CE EAC", and crossed out wheely-bin logos. The fake is the one with the "Weight not representative" line.

Again, many will say, "well duh. It's an easy spot". It is for those that know what the back of a Switch looks like and what should be written there. Most others, including the young/inexperienced of this forum might not pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20171105_132115.jpg
    IMG_20171105_132115.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 1,752
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,668
Last edited by Mace_ya_face,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of doing that, just report the listings. Only an idiot would buy a new, used console on ebay from a seller who only takes a picture of the back.

People need to stop being stupid and use their brain.

Why not post the listings so others can report it too. "Sellers" in this case probably is "one person" who OP found was doing so.

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of doing that, just report the listings. Only an idiot would buy a new, used console on ebay from a seller who only takes a picture of the back.

People need to stop being stupid and use their brain.

Why not post the listings so others can report it too. "Sellers" in this case probably is "one person" who OP found was doing so.

It's already been reported and taken down. And it's easy to stand above everyone else and call them stupid when you have more experience. Rather than insulting people and leaving them to learn the hard way, why not give them a heads up?

Oh, and it's rich listening to you call people idiots for buying a used console that's been on the market less than a year, when in another thread, you were offering people to buy Switchs' from you.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's already been reported and taken down. And it's easy to stand above everyone else and call them stupid when you have more experience. Rather than insulting people and leaving them to learn the hard way, why not give them a heads up?

Oh, and it's rich listening to you call people idiots for buying a used console that's been on the market less than a year, when in another thread, you were offering people to buy Switchs' from you.
Gotta see which one had the best color balance, I presume.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are they actually fake listings or is it like some other console/phone launches where "picture of a phone" is mentioned in the description?

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are they actually fake listings or is it like some other console/phone launches where "picture of a phone" is mentioned in the description?

Nah, full blown fake listing. Claimed it was a fully functional console that had barely been used. Though barely turned out to be never as, you know, it's a Nintendo mock up. That and Ebay took it down. Doubt they would go through the trouble if nothing was up.

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is a terribly sneaky thing to do. I hope no one gets burned by this. Expect the would be sellers that is.

The number of times this trick could be pulled is extremely limited. These dumby boxes Nintendo made were only for expos and some store windows. But ya, it's still a risk.

Last edited by Mace_ya_face,

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to have a demo shell of the Switch, but not at the price of a retail console...

Why? There is literally nothing in the thing. Trinket? Put it on an engraved plinth and leave it outside Nintendo HQ as a grave stone when it's inevitably hacked within an inch of it's life?

And it wasn't quite full price. Guy only wanted £160 :rofl:

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why? There is literally nothing in the thing. Trinket? Put it on an engraved plinth and leave it outside Nintendo HQ as a grave stone when it's inevitably hacked within an inch of it's life?

And it wasn't quite full price. Guy only wanted £160 :rofl:

Something like that yeh.
Eh, can get a Switch for 160 quid so yeh, the demo shell is full price then.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Learn how to read.

I didn't call people idiots for buying a used console that's still new. I called people who buy a console based upon 1 picture, showing only the back of the "console", from some low/0 feedback buyer on eBay, idiots.

Just like the people on eBay who purchase from me, then complain that they need to cancel or return it because they don't do a simple thing like read what they are buying.

Mace_ya_face

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Learn how to read.

I didn't call people idiots for buying a used console that's still new. I called people who buy a console based upon 1 picture, showing only the back of the "console", from some low/0 feedback buyer on eBay, idiots.

Just like the people on eBay who purchase from me, then complain that they need to cancel or return it because they don't do a simple thing like read what they are buying.

Then you need to be clearer when writing, because several people read it the same way I did. And that wasn't the only image, they showed a box, a front shot, and had over eight-hundred pieces of feedback with a 97% positive rating. A similar thing happened on Amazon, when several retailers who had years of squeaky clean records were selling Switch consoles, and then either not delivering them, or sending Wii U tablets.

So you've upgraded from asshole (your account says it, not me), to presumptuous asshole.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't buy a new console from Ebay periode this is coming from a frequent Ebay user.
They have legitimate gaming stores on there, but you're better off getting new consoles from Newegg if paypal is your main source of payment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao