Homebrew [PSA] eShop spoof likely to be patched on November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 007-2001 err code still shows up on my N3DS (9.9) though.
Just to make sure, try opening System Settings with HANS, and make sure that the region and language you set it to is correct. I had that exact code for a little while because I tried to see if I could make my N3DS japanese.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to access the eShop within a 3DS game? I'm still trying to figure out if this is possible.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Just to make sure, try opening System Settings with HANS, and make sure that the region and language you set it to is correct. I had that exact code for a little while because I tried to see if I could make my N3DS japanese.
Oh, so I'm not the only one who tried that... :P
Anyway, just opened the Settings with the "normal" config (EUR, EN, and everything else disabled), still doesn't work... :/

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I can acess the eshop but I'm greeted with an error when I want to download something. Here is the error code: 007-2404

Running N3ds 9.9.0.26E

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think so.Neither have I regretted staying on 9.9. I think Smea can fix this.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Did you go into Other Settings->Profile->Region Settings and change that?
Oh, so it changes itself automatically?? I never thought launching System Setting with JPN on did anything, since it got stuck on a yellow screen...
Anyway, thank you for the help!
The thing is, now, the error is not 007-2001 anymore, but it asks me to read the ToS... How can I do that? :unsure:

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
*insert facepalm emoji here*

Whilst there is maintenance going on, where's your evidence that spoof will be patched? Other people have been using eshop spoofs for ages, why do they do it now. Additionally, all nintendo shopping services will be down... so... unless they have to patch a spoof on all of their systems... nah.

Piracy is a very low priority for nintendo, work will be 99% on other things, then perhaps 1% on thinking about patching a exploit.

They can only really patch eShop access together with a new firmware, not just via maintenance.

Should be easy to patch, actually. Just include some kind of firmware functionality in 10.3 to return some kind of value from the crypto-engine that's unique to your 3DS and NNID and seed it by a value that the Nintendo servers send you when trying to access the eShop. Make the eShop app send that calculated value back to the servers, if it's invalid, deny access.

Without updating firmware to get it to calc these new values (which use kernel services), no more shop access.

Heh.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just started Getting 007-2100 upon login :/ (well aftre it logs in w/ my NNID) (and seconfd try gets me 022-5540)

(forgot to mention 10.1.0-27U o3DS )

Last edited by Dracari,

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system firmware check should occur before the eshop communicates with its servers. If they do update the protocol then yes firmware spoofing would be useless. This could theoretically be worked around by patching the code binary with HANS but even then all Nintendo has to do is update the OS to add a kernel-mode check that can bypass that. It would require cryptographic checks with a remote server to make sure it's not spoofed. If people don't update their firmware then they won't be able to pass on that check.

I don't fully understand what you mean. And yes, Nintendo can easily update the OS, but we aren't forced to update. What I'm trying to get at is that if they change the way their servers work, they need to make sure that if I bought a 3DS that has Firmware Version 1.0, they would still have to be able to support it. Lol.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eShop works just fine for me on a New 3DS 9.0 using freemultipatcher.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just started Getting 007-2100 upon login :/ (well aftre it logs in w/ my NNID) (and seconfd try gets me 022-5540)

(forgot to mention 10.1.0-27U o3DS )
arrow_topicpath_01.png
Support information
arrow_topicpath_01.png
from the error code to examine the Resolution
arrow_topicpath_01.png
022-5540
icon_error.png
022-5540

This error is an error with the network connection. Please check the following contents.

There is a possibility that the network environment is unstable.

It does stabilizing network environment

If you do not improve in the above workaround, please contact us.

Get better internet

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't fully understand what you mean. And yes, Nintendo can easily update the OS, but we aren't forced to update. What I'm trying to get at is that if they change the way their servers work, they need to make sure that if I bought a 3DS that has Firmware Version 1.0, they would still have to be able to support it. Lol.

They fully support it, on the latest firmware. If you call in saying you have an issue, they will tell you to update as a first step.

Reactions: Deleted-236924
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi