Homebrew PSA: Don't use sighax.com!

D

Deleted User

The problem I see with it is what you just said: no reverting back. Now, you can update the CFW by just reinstalling sighax, but each time that is a risk.
Yeah but reinstalling sighax is dangerous since it swaps fw.
If there would be a integrated/changed System Updater or Sighax updater then it would reduce brick risks.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow what really? That's just... awful! Why doesn't he warn in big bold redletters that this is dangerous and only for hardmodders?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Wow what really? That's just... awful! Why doesn't he warn in big bold redletters that this is dangerous and only for hardmodders?
Yeah, he did mention that it was in beta, but never mention about how it could brick so often.
I'm assuming he rushed the release so he could be "first to release it" or some shit like that.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, he did mention that it was in beta, but never mention about how it could brick so often.
I'm assuming he rushed the release so he could be "first to release it" or some shit like that.
Well, people should have learned to always trust the guide. Since d0k3, AW, TuxSH, Normmatt and many more are involved with boot9strap and tools+guide, it just seems hell of a lot safer. Does Sighax installer even have a safety mechanism doing a .sha check?

Reactions: renhei

Skylar-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi i don't know if it matters but i installed B9S with 3ds.guide and also a lot of people in Italy too did it so I think you can add a lot more of people in the "2 of 460 bricked"part instead of 460

--

(yes, I should use some ",", but I don't have time now lmao)

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_2285.PNG
That's where everyone is failing! You're not supposed to renamed the sighax_installer.bin! I talked to Derrek himself, and he said doing that installs the installer! We all made a user error if you did that; I included.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
That's where everyone is failing! You're not supposed to renamed the sighax_installer.bin! I talked to Derrek himself, and he said doing that installs the installer! We all made a user error if you did that; I included.
Y'know, would've been helpful if he uh
Mentioned that on the website perhaps

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, would've been helpful if he uh
Mentioned that on the website perhaps
You're absolutely right about that. The way I read the instructions was to download it and rename it too! Hardmod is the only way to fix it. I'm sorry for all the people that bricked though.. I plan on making a tutorial on doing his installer after getting a hard mod done. Hopefully it can help people who choose to use his successfully! (don't know why people should right now)

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
You're absolutely right about that. The way I read the instructions was to download it and rename it too! Hardmod is the only way to fix it. I'm sorry for all the people that bricked though.. I plan on making a tutorial on doing his installer after getting a hard mod done. Hopefully it can help people who choose to use his successfully! (don't know why people should right now)
Besides, B9S does everything Derrek's implementation does but does it better.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Sooo 3ds.guide doesn't use sighax and 3ds.guide is safe? I assume soon sighax will be implemented when it's safe? What's the difference between the two though.

SigHax is a vulnerability!
We can have a SigHax (Software), that exploits the SigHax (Vulnerability). ( You know, like Arm9LoaderHax, it's a vulnerability that we exploit using a software called Arm9Loaderhax ).

The 3ds.guide uses the SIgHax (Vulnerability), but uses the software Boot9Strap (B9S) to exploit the SigHax (Vulnerability).

And Derrek released only a installer, not the exploit program

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

derrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OP instructions are still wrong...
If you want to launch the sighax installer by using A9LH, just copy "arm9loaderhax.bin" to your SD card.
In order to use Luma you need to install a chainloader firm for it (such as "B9S"), this should be your "target_firm.bin".
You are not supposed to install the installer (this isn't even possible anymore).
Fwiw, the only bricks I am aware of are due to wrong usage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: