Homebrew [PSA]Do not downgrade if you have a N3DS

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since not many forum members are spelling this out and I noticed a butt-ton of noobs bricking their consoles, I think all N3DS users should stay away from using sysupdater for the moment.

Unless KTM or a new version of sysupdater is released which is more safe, you are risking your console when you could just wait 2-3 days. I will update this thread if the general consensus is that N3DS users are safe downgrading.

Some people are also claiming that CFW do not work after downgrading, even if they used Steveice10's latest version. Whether this is true or just user error, I still wouldn't take the risk.

Please refrain from commenting on this if you successfully downgraded considering you got lucky. If one person jumps off a cliff and doesn't break their legs, it doesn't mean we should encourage children who have no idea how tall the cliff is or how to land to fun right off it. :P

TL;DR - Do not downgrade yet if you are using a N3DS. Wait a day or two at least.

Last edited by xxbilxx,

Tescowiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also some people are claiming that CFWs don't work after downgrade. Better wait, it's not worth the risk, you can install legit CIAs at the moment.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also some people are claiming that CFWs don't work after downgrade. Better wait, it's not worth the risk, you can install legit CIAs at the moment.
Updated OP. Hope users see this before they brick their consoles with a tool that is meant for people with a hardmod and kernal backup.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS that was on 10.1 U that I downgraded to 9.2 and can run rxtools no problem, so it worked for me and I don't think anyone will have a problem unless they screw up. But I guess if you want to be safe don't try.

ItsYogSothoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've said that many times and I will say that again.
I will not perform downgrade on my N3DS unless there are official releases of needed tools.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS that was on 10.1 U that I downgraded to 9.2 and can run rxtools no problem, so it worked for me and I don't think anyone will have a problem unless they screw up. But I guess if you want to be safe don't try.
It seems the tools aren't comoletely debugged, especially the exploit itself. I am well aware that the downgrade can work, but you are risking having a $200 brick in your hands.

Would I try this on my friend console? Hell yes. Mine? Nononononono.

3DSDSXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here spen over £300 on my new 3ds xl device with sky3ds and accesories etc going to wait

D

Deleted-236924

I don't thing it's the user-friendly thing people are concerned about. It's more about the instability of the downgrading application.

Even if it does seemingly boot fine and seemingly starts up the downgrade process fine, it's russian roulette.
It might freeze on "Getting CIA information...", or it might freeze on "Install completed! Reboot in 10 seconds..."

In both cases, people have had sysupdater hang on both of those parts after they pressed Y to initiate the downgrade, and they were bricked. You have literally no control over that, you press Y to initiate downgrade when memchunkhax2 and sysupdater seemingly started up properly, and you hope and pray that it won't just randomly freeze.

Reactions: Rob Eich

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems the tools aren't comoletely debugged, especially the exploit itself. I am well aware that the downgrade can work, but you are risking having a $200 brick in your hands.

Would I try this on my friend console? Hell yes. Mine? Nononononono.

Lmao thank god you're not a friend of mine then I'd never ever lent you my N3DS XL!;):P Now if only GW would hurry up too with 10.3 emunand support on emunsnd thrn I'd ve glad too, since I would finally be able to downgrade my N3DS's 10.3 emunand I backed up.

Last edited by Angely,
Reactions: The9thBit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826