Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for replying. If I am able to successfully downgrade to 9.2 and install a CFW, will I still be able to play my physical copies of newer games, such as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Majora's Mask, and MH4U? If not, will my existing saves be able to be used with backup copies of the same game? Thanks.
With a CFW you'll be able to spoof your version, sign in with an NNID and whatnot, so your physical copies will be playable as far as my CFW knowledge goes, I still have to set up my EmuNAND. (Would be nice if someone could confirm this information, don't trust me too much since I'm learning about this too).
As for saves it depends where your saves are stored. I think for (most?) retail copies your saves are stored on the game card itself, if not all physical games. If you wanna be safe, just use a homebrew application such as svdt to backup your saves before downgrading.

Last edited by Ridge,

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking exactly that. Most of the world reads "1/12/2015" as "December 1st", except a few countries that only try to be original and not convenient, like the USA and countries that are too close to them to be able to avoid that format (Belize (and that one is still smart enough to also use D/M/Y), Micronesia)... and the Zimbabwe too, I don't have any explanation for that one.
America likes being different, which is why we call football soccer, and why we use the customary system even though the metric system of vastly superior.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch eshop. Im so unfortunate, was getting the 002-2634 error then I fix it. When I went to download and update for ACHHD, says I need to update.

And you're positive your emunand is at 10.3? And it was a system update nag?

My guess is you were either in sysnand (Which should be at 9.2, so the update nag makes sense), you were in emunand but it wasn't updated (If you're on an o3DS/2DS, you can update emunand with no worries), or the message wasn't for a system update.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
And you're positive your emunand is at 10.3? And it was a system update nag?

My guess is you were either in sysnand (Which should be at 9.2, so the update nag makes sense), you were in emunand but it wasn't updated (If you're on an o3DS/2DS, you can update emunand with no worries), or the message wasn't for a system update.
Its only when I go into eshop, maybe I worded my problem badly.

EDIT: So I took a backup of my emunand(just in case) then done the update. I go back in and I have to update some info formy nnid, which was the cause of my previous problem. Now its fine!

Last edited by Slattz,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only when I go into eshop, maybe I worded my problem badly.

So the eShop asks you to update your system version? If your emunand is actually at 10.3, you shouldn't be asked to update your system version for any reason (Until 10.4 is released).

If you're running 10.3 on your emunand (You updated it through system settings while in emunand), I'm not sure what's going on.

Did you do anything funny while fixing your previous error? Are your nands linked or unlinked?

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So the eShop asks you to update your system version? If your emunand is actually at 10.3, you shouldn't be asked to update your system version for any reason (Until 10.4 is released).

If you're running 10.3 on your emunand (You updated it through system settings while in emunand), I'm not sure what's going on.

Did you do anything funny while fixing your previous error? Are your nands linked or unlinked?
Nands are unlinked

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy an update! They're gonna add SNES VC games to 3DS eShop, and boost the speed of o3ds with this new update, right, right?!

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy an update! They're gonna add SNES VC games to 3DS eShop, and boost the speed of o3ds with this new update, right, right?!
Guess again:
Horse_Stables.jpg

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, set it to your primary and secondary if you wanna be safe. Although, do not use this as your DNS when attempting to downgrade, if you are going to. It might mess with the downgrade and if you brick you can't use safemode to update if it's still your DNS.

Thanks!! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Ridge

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
America likes being different, which is why we call football soccer, and why we use the customary system even though the metric system of vastly superior.
FYI Australians call it soccer too, and it's called the Imperial system :-p Apparently it's only Americans, Burmese and Liberians who still cling to the old ways!

It must be super hard for you guys to learn science.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is this bug sometimes on newly created EMUNAND that gives update nag even on latest firmware. I shit myself once when first installed EMUNAND for my nephews' O3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too