[PSA] 10.4 POSSIBLY releasing 1/12/16

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by The9thBit, Jan 6, 2016.

1. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    cakesfw, rxtools... one is more user friendly, the other has more features... Essential homebrews? You have emulators, emunand tools, fbi for cia installation...

2. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Lunatea
    Yes, set it to your primary and secondary if you wanna be safe. Although, do not use this as your DNS when attempting to downgrade, if you are going to. It might mess with the downgrade and if you brick you can't use safemode to update if it's still your DNS.

foreveryang likes this.
  3. missinsummer

missinsummer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    not trying to laugh at anyone who bricked....but come on...i downgraded 2 n3ds in one day...only tried once each system.....and witness my room mate and my online friends downgrade successfully.....luck?....nah...careness is the key.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

isnt tubehax died like longtime ago?

4. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    Specific question I had about rxtools:
    As I was following a tutorial on how to install, said tutorial told me to use Pasta CFW loader. As the last time I installed cfws was during the psp era, I have to ask, does rxtools require another cfw to be installed? And does it only work on emunand?
    Sorry if I'm asking a lot, new here, mostly been reading the forums without posting.

5. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    yeah, no worries, i'm still new to this kind of stuff too. I would love to answer that but i don't have that knowledge. I'm sure someone else will help you with that :)

ManuelKoegler likes this.
  6. missinsummer

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    i really like this cross-road here.
    1. take risk using sys.
    2. wait KTM but the update is coming really really soon.

and the outcome benefit is huge.

this hacking world is so fun ~~~

7. DKB

DKB I'll be watching you sleep tonight.

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    It is if your not foolish. If you are, it's hell.

8. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Get a nand mod. That way, you won't have to rely on safe mode to unbrick. That's what I plan to do when I get an n3DS. :P

9. sailor_moon

sailor_moon Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2009
    Crystal Tokyo
    I appologise if what I'm about to say is off-topic/unrelated somehow; but here goes~ So when I read the title about 10.4 being released; I tried to update one of my older 3DSs up to 10.3 Firmware (using the official system updater in settings) but now all I get is an error saying "There was a problem." Do you think Nintendo might have removed this update from their servers to prevent people who have not gone to 10.3 yet? Idk; I just figured I'd share since we're discussing a possibility of 10.4 Update happening soon. also large pictures here.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Lunatea
    TubeHax is dead, but the DNS is still up for anyone who wants to use it. You can use it on both 3DS and Wii U to block updates. But it also blocks eShop, of course, so if you wanna use eShop or update games you gotta remove it from your network configuration before using it.

11. Baoulettes

Baoulettes The lonely man

May 25, 2011
    France
    C:\Users\Baoulettes\Desktop\GBATemp
    @sailor_moon Remove TubeHax DNS, then you will be able to update :)
    put it back after so you don't update to 10.4 once there :)

Last edited by Baoulettes, Jan 6, 2016
  12. missinsummer

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    you dont need to be 10.3 to downgrade....i have mine 10.1 and 9.8..and my friend 9.4 9.3 to start with. all successful

sailor_moon likes this.
  13. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    "it worked for me so it must be their fault"

Ammako likes this.
  14. sailor_moon

sailor_moon Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2009
    Crystal Tokyo
    Ohh okay, Thanks for letting me know that.

15. gangs_08

gangs_08 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    Luxembourg
    Whats happening when 10.4 is released? Can we still play online with legit CIA's? Will they disappear when i update to 10.4? Is there a way to spoof the FW Version (like on the PS3)?

16. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Lunatea
    Why would you update to 10.4? Just stay where you are and be patient. Someone will most probably find a way to spoof your version to 10.4 (or whatever version gets released if any) if it won't be possible right off the bat.

gangs_08 likes this.
  17. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Thisis a really dumb question, but I have to ask since I'm unsure:

Given the incoming 10.4 update, if I decide to follow to the steps to enable Homebrew on my N3DS, I can just stay with that for access to emulators and decide later if I want to downgrade/install a CFW? Or do I have to go Homebrew ---> Downgrade ---> CFW before 10.4 drops? Thanks.

18. Seriel

Seriel ឵Thank you title very cool

GBAtemp Patron
    Seriel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    ^

19. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Lunatea
    If I were you I'd downgrade before the new update drops. Nobody knows what'll be fixed, and if you soft-brick your 3DS in a downgrade attempt after it's released you can't go back to 10.3 from safe mode when it's out. That means if the new update fixes things that the downgrade needs, you're stuck on that firmware for most definitely a long time with perhaps userland homebrew access while you wait.

20. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for replying. If I am able to successfully downgrade to 9.2 and install a CFW, will I still be able to play my physical copies of newer games, such as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Majora's Mask, and MH4U? If not, will my existing saves be able to be used with backup copies of the same game? Thanks.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted