[PSA] 10.4 POSSIBLY releasing 1/12/16

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by The9thBit, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    No chance to permanently brick (aka hardbrick) your 3ds with the new sysupdater if you follow the step and check the files integrity. The worst case would be a softbrick.

2. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    yes but if oyu do it when 10.40 out and get semi brick no more cfw for you or brick

Ammako likes this.
  3. Dedede

Dedede Banned

Banned
    Oct 18, 2015
    -snip-

Last edited by Dedede, Jan 28, 2016
    Father Crilly likes this.
  4. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    The thing is that you have to format your 3ds to increase the success chances (yes it's real), so if you format your 3ds and don't update your console, you have no way to access HBL without ninjhax/oot3dhax.
    And if you don't format, if you softbrick the console, you're forced to download the last firmware.

5. Ammako

Ammako I like cake.

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    Right now we can still access browserhax, until 10.4 comes out, then if you blocked the relevant urls with tubehax dns (i believe) you should still be able to use browserhax.
    Otherwise if you dont block it, then your browser will be rendered useless and yea, no more hax access unless you had CN or OoT.

6. Dedede

Dedede Banned

Banned
    Oct 18, 2015
    -snip-

7. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Did you read mine ? I said it is not safeto downgrade a n3ds with sysupdater. IIRC even in sysupdater there's a warning message in red and bold

edit: no, there's no such message in sysupdater but it has been stated enough in the forums

Last edited by MasterLel, Jan 6, 2016
    hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  8. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    if you have old 3ds go ahead and downgrade now most bricks are new3ds

9. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Guru

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I definitely wont have a problem with my N3DS auto updating if you know what i'm saying ;)

Ammako likes this.
  10. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Oh yeah I forgot about tubehax...

11. Dedede

Dedede Banned

Banned
    Oct 18, 2015
    -snip-

12. Father Crilly

Father Crilly GBAtemp's Phoney Priest

Aug 5, 2015
    Ireland
    Yeah but if everyone who hasn't tried to downgrade yet just waits for a more stable way of downgrading then there won't be a chance of getting a brick. Again, there's no rush.

Those people must be impatient then. They have all the time in the world to buy either Cubic Ninja or a Sky3DS. However, there are some people out there who probably don't want to spend anything so you're kinda right.

13. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm hoping emunand on o3ds will be fine updating to 10.4.... So far emunand on old 3ds has been fine updating.... I wonder if they found a way to spoil that?

14. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    After going through the thread, it seems the general consensus for EmuNAND CFW users is to wait for the less intelligent to update their EmuNAND and see how they fare. Adding tubehax DNS now. lol

BurningDesire likes this.
  15. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, any user either stock, gateway 3ds, or cfw should have tubehax dns in internet settings. Hoping someone with a hardmod will be able to see if downgraging works from 10.4 once it is release although i doubt it.

16. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Alright, next time i'll say "o3ds" to make it clear.

17. Dedede

Dedede Banned

Banned
    Oct 18, 2015
    -snip-

18. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    You mean you can't even boot into safe mode? I think I read something like that a bit ago, but I'm also pretty sure it was fixed (on whatever @Steveice10 was working on... or contributing to).

Doesn't matter to me personally. Both mine are hard-modded and on 9.2 anyway. Just curious about the hard-brick.

19. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    Well, following this news I read yesterday, today I proceeded with downgrading my O3DSXL.
    Process went pretty well actually. Froze on me 1 time but after that downgraded with no issues. Now the question:
    "Now what?"
    What cfws are there and the differences?
    Essential homebrew? Anything else?

20. Dedede

Dedede Banned

Banned
    Oct 18, 2015
    -snip-

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted