1. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'm talking about those people who are waiting on an exploit. You can't just use it for ps4 games in preparation. You have to update. I never mentioned xbox, but ps fanboys try to defend Sony by using the competirion. "But they do it"

2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    how heavy are those goal posts btw? you seem to be moving them a lot

3. 6_9

6_9 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sites say" fortunately, none of the are popular" . i dont think so, especially shadow complex and Hitman GO

4. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    I see no GOW on PC and BB and DS seems to be just a rumor

5. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    .....Shiiit, sorry pal! :blush: I have honestly been really ill for the past 2 weeks (not Covid), so errr, yeah that's my excuse haha!

6. Dagosty

Dagosty Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    "some may exhibit errors"... "some" means a couple hundreds. i dont believe Sony tested all these supposed 4000 games at all. I would like to see what improvements these games will have on PS5 across the board since they are not optimized to take full adavantage of PS5 hardware, all Xbox BC games are tested and optimized to take full adavantage of the most recent console, Xbox dont say things like 4000 games xbox one games will be BC with some errors and see how that works.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    those were the ones that they added one by one from xbox360/xbox im preety sure xbox wont test all 3000+ games of xbox one to add them to their xboxone backwards compatibility fore sure.

its easy to test when you add like 5 games a month like xbox was doing, i highly doubt they tested all xboxone original games like sony did, they are just using a broader backwards compatibility this time around instead of being game per game, they wont be adding afew games a week they are gonna do like sony and ps4/xbox one will get the complete set from day one, if there are issues later im guessing they can update over fw updates latter.

8. SubLoverD

SubLoverD Advanced Member
    Newcomer

'they just didint fully tested every 4000+ games from top to bottom' why not though? its not like they havent had time between each console

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    lol you think its easy to test every single game from beginning to end and from top to bottom? heck not even developers testing their own games find all the bugs let alone some people testing an sort of emulator bridge on an entire console collection...

you must not know how life works lol, they arent gonna pay like 100 people to spend years testing every game from beginning to end and find all the areas on said games unlock every thing and such to make sure everything is perfect while not making a single cent on it lol.

no one will ever do that and honestly makes no sense do you think people who make emulators test every single game? they dont, they make a general emulator, than when people report errors on some games they go investigate and fix them latter, that is how it works, no one or company is gonna test 4000 games in advance... they test the most famous ones and then let you test the rest.

with xbox it was diferent, they had to test like 5 games every 2 months at best, sometimes even less. and at the end of the entire console generation they only got around 27% of xbox360 games released and 4% of original xbox games.

10. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What about digital games that you have on your PS4 internal hard drive? How will those be transferred to the PS5?

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    I guess you just log in with your account in the new console and redownload them... wouldn't that be the logical way?

12. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The question i have for people is: Is really so hard to just keep your ps4 connected and just add the ps5 next to it? Im amazed how hard of a concept this is for modern gamers....

13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Actually, yes, it is annoying. Physical space is valuable.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    lol if you live on a very spacious house and your tv furniture is empty then sure but right now under the tv i already got connected the ps3 phat(to play ps1,ps2,ps3) , original xbox, xbox360,n64,wiiu and the ps4, im all out of space and when i get the ps5 obviously im gonna take the ps4 to the garage to store alongside the gamecube and wii(play gc/wii games on wiiu), the ps2 and such.

not everyone has space to just keep several consoles connected at all times under the tv i have 6 and its the max, nothing fits in there, plus the cable box and so on.

atoxique and godreborn like this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I have the same problem. I play the minis/classics frequently, so I just have one plugin for all of them (power and hdmi) that I swap, then my nvidia shield also shares an hdmi cable. I keep them toggled off with a toggle switch when not in use. I also keep ones that are receiver power on a mat to prevent heat on the carpet. it's sort of a ghetto setup. I don't know if I will ever buy a ps5 considering I don't even play the ps4. I have way too much crap. :D

pedro702 likes this.
  16. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    PS4 still has nearly 80 retail exclusives that are not on PC. Retail meaning not including PSN only titles. If those were added that number is almost doubled. XB1 has a whopping three.

17. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola The Xbox Guy

Canada
    Rare Replay, Halo 5 and that 1 Forza game are all we need BABY!

18. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I believe it. Lmao.

atoxique and MrCokeacola like this.
  19. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Well I think they could offer BC for PS1 & 2, PSP & even Vita (the PS3 did PS1/PS2 & PSP afterall) but they don't do it because they're afraid customers wouldn't understand why PS3 is not doable then... Too bad, we know PS3 is hard to emulate and the knowledgeable fanbase knows and understand the problem, too bad, decisions are ruled by the idiotic mass...

20. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wasn't the PS5 initially lacking backwards compatibility, then they had to offer it as Microsoft demolished them in every area? (Sounds fanboyish, but this statement us true, I think Sony were outplayed in every single area).

Now they're backtracking on that? PS4 games shouldn't require much, if any work, to function.

They'll have to explain themselves at some point though, they're on the back foot.

I'm sure they'll still sell a lot of PS5's, the brand is still strong, but I fully expect the Xbox to have much larger sales this gen. It'll be interesting to see how Sony deal with this (likely pressured to make even better exclusives- acknowledging they have this gen)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compatible, backward, exhibit