PS4, Xbox Games to cost $70 - says the respected analyst Michael Pachter

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be fair all news is guilty of this. News is a business first and foremost. You'll see the same shit on thousands of news sites from IGN to Huffington Post.

True, I was just pointing to one of the most obviously biased news sources, but yes every news source is biased in one way or another.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could charge $90 and still come in cheaper than NES/Master Sytem games when factoring in inflation. Truth is, games are cheaper now than they've ever been...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could charge $90 and still come in cheaper than NES/Master Sytem games when factoring in inflation. Truth is, games are cheaper now than they've ever been...

When people adjust prices for inflation, I always do a little groan. Technically you may be right, but the economy was also better in the times of the NES/Master System, so while they may have costed more with adjusted inflation, people had more money to spend so it just becomes a wash.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Michael Pitcher is wrong more often than he is right. (I don't know who employs him or why they continue to, he's a terrible analyst), I highly doubt new games will cost more than $60.
Exactly. Which is why he's around. With these kind of predictions, odds are prices of games won't go up any further. :)

Like GBAtemp understands fucking economics.
I fucked an economy student once (and I understood her, most of the time). Does that count? :creep:

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, smartphones games cost at least .99 cents
They don't have the same graphics as ps4 but with low prices like that, you wonder why smartphones are taking over handhelds and soon, but hopefully not, consoles.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you double-dip her and proceed to leave her in a state of depression?
I just supplied her demands. There was some inflation of my assets, but nothing that stagnated my liquidity.

EDIT: @FAST6191: hey...I'm one to invest in cheap but promising ventures.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just supplied her demands. There was some inflation of my assets, but nothing that stagnated my liquidity.

EDIT: @FAST6191: hey...I'm one to invest in cheap but promising ventures.

Did she value your liquid assets or did she leave them to depreciate?

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame they're hiking up the prices more..and we might not be able to buy second hand games..let's hope that goes out the window.
I can see game sales falling from a great height if they end the capabilities of being able to buy second hand games; not everyone can afford new games as soon as they come out.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so let me get this straight, they want to charge us £50 for half a game (the rest is disc locked content) we can't sell the disc either because the ps4 locks out used games and ties the disc to our console, (sony say it's up to publishers but you know they are all going to do it because of greed) all i can tell sony is to stick it where the sun don't shine, that is all.

Reactions: heartgold

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so let me get this straight, they want to charge us £50 for half a game (the rest is disc locked content)
How is that a rule enforced by Sony?
we can't sell the disc either because the ps4 locks out used games and ties the disc to our console, (sony say it's up to publishers but you know they are all going to do it because of greed)
It's been up to the publishers since the dawn of time - if they really wanted to, they could start adding Serials and whatnot to games as it is and apparenly they're not doing that. I wonder why...
all i can tell sony is to stick it where the sun don't shine, that is all.
So let me get this straight - you're upset about on-disc DLC and possible limitation of re-selling games, both of which Sony has nothing to do with but it's their fault somehow.

Okay.

Reactions: Gahars

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so let me get this straight, they want to charge us £50 for half a game (the rest is disc locked content) we can't sell the disc either because the ps4 locks out used games and ties the disc to our console, (sony say it's up to publishers but you know they are all going to do it because of greed) all i can tell sony is to stick it where the sun don't shine, that is all.
So exactly which company is doing it right in your mind? Where are you getting 1/2 disc locked content from?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
The disc locking hasn't been fully confirmed yet, the 720 will be the console that is most likely to implement this, looks like we're going to be sticking with our trusty (..kinda) WiiU's for a while.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

dn4wC5w.png

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I happened upon an article at gameinformer.com and they said he was a "renowned analyst"..
rofl you have gotta be kidding me..as much as I respect gameinformer, they f----- up on that one.

this guy is a complete joke. too many gaming websites have him on their headlines.

piece of s---.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol