WorfRB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.

Tested the psu and it's ok, Both 5v and 12v are there. If I short ACIN_DET and ACDC_STBY, I can see the fan spinning around 4-5 seconds and then stops. Also I don't see any blown or missing component on the motherboard (SAF-006). Some friends told me it's a southbridge problem, but testing the capacitors on the bottom side of the motherboard I don't have any shorts to ground.

Is this still a southbridge problem or do you have any suggestion of what component to check? BTW my SB is CXD90042GG.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

Tested the psu and it's ok, Both 5v and 12v are there. If I short ACIN_DET and ACDC_STBY, I can see the fan spinning around 4-5 seconds and then stops. Also I don't see any blown or missing component on the motherboard (SAF-006). Some friends told me it's a southbridge problem, but testing the capacitors on the bottom side of the motherboard I don't have any shorts to ground.

Is this still a southbridge problem or do you have any suggestion of what component to check? BTW my SB is CXD90042GG.

I have a similar issue but mine shows no life. PSU gives 5v and 12v but the board shows no 3.3v anywhere. I swapped the PMIC next to the Southbridge and nothing changed. Maybe our problems are swapped?

Have you checked the PMIC next to Southbridge?
RT5069AGQV is the chip (on most models).

Try to check these basic points for any inconsistency

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: WorfRB and BigOnYa
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Store closed please upgrade to ps5