PS4 sales surpass 18.5 million (sold to consumers)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be nice if Sony tried to make PSN not be a flaming hunk of shit that goes down when someone sneezes in the same room. They seem to have issues at least once a week.
I've never had issues with PSN unless someone was purposefully attacking it. All in all, it's a reliable service. Either you don't use PSN, or if you do, maybe you should start looking at your internet as the culprit and not PSN itself.

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had issues with PSN unless someone was purposefully attacking it. All in all, it's a reliable service. Either you don't use PSN, or if you do, maybe you should start looking at your internet as the culprit and not PSN itself.

You got to be kidding me. You do realize that there are dozens of different websites that all report on these outages, right? IGN, GameInformer, GameSpot, Kotaku, Joystiq, Destructoid, Polygon, etc. Hell, add Forbes and Yahoo to that mix. Check out Twitter timelines. Go to the PS4 reddit page. I mean, seriously, you cannot be more wrong on this.
And I may not be a technical genius, but I do know that when I have issues with PSN but my internet is working fine for everything else, it's PSN. When the @AskPlayStation Twitter account repeatedly messages people that PSN is having issues and that they're investigating, it's PSN. When various message boards throughout the internet are lit up with people saying they can't access PSN, it's PSN.
Don't take this stuff so seriously. Criticizing Sony isn't equal to being a Xbox fanboy/girl.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outside of the holiday outage, I haven't experienced any PSN outages.

I mean they'll take it down now and then for regularly scheduled maintenance, but that's the same with every service. Fucking Steam goes down for maintenance how often?

Out of all the flavors, you chose salty. The PS4 won. Deal with it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather Salt than Shit I always say :shit:

$ony is becoming a joke.....PS Vita,PlayStation Now,PSN Hacking :angry: these are all the showings of a Company full of itself trying to Dominate with their "Brand" of edginess

The idiot Masses seem to Love dumb shit nowadays.....oh when will we learn :rolleyes:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather Salt than Shit I always say :shit:

$ony is becoming a joke.....PS Vita,PlayStation Now,PSN Hacking :angry: these are all the showings of a Company full of itself trying to Dominate with their "Brand" of edginess

The idiot Masses seem to Love dumb shit nowadays.....oh when will we learn :rolleyes:

Okay, enjoy your mediocre games and failing console bro. Meanwhile I'm going to enjoy fun.

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, please stop with the "I haven't experienced any outages" stuff. It's easily refutable and there are mounds of evidence to the contrary. I still think the PS4 is better than the Xbox One (though with Phil Spencer in charge the Xbox brand looks much better than before), but facts are facts.
I don't care about sales figures and all that. All 3 consoles are good in their own ways. For me, the PS4 is better than the XB1, but for someone else the XB1 may be better than the PS4. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
What do I win if the PS4 leads sales this console generation? Nothing, so why bother worrying about that?

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, please stop with the "I haven't experienced any outages" stuff. It's easily refutable and there are mounds of evidence to the contrary. I still think the PS4 is better than the Xbox One (though with Phil Spencer in charge the Xbox brand looks much better than before), but facts are facts.
I don't care about sales figures and all that. All 3 consoles are good in their own ways. For me, the PS4 is better than the XB1, but for someone else the XB1 may be better than the PS4. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
What do I win if the PS4 leads sales this console generation? Nothing, so why bother worrying about that?

"Your personal experience isn't true."

Oh put a sock in it already. I'm not saying there's no outages but I've never experienced enough to consider it an "inconvenience".

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Your personal experience isn't true."

Oh put a sock in it already. I'm not saying there's no outages but I've never experienced enough to consider it an "inconvenience".

It's not my personal experience, it's the experience of anyone who's owned a PS4. Again, look at my earlier post. All the game sites have reported on it, people on Twitter, message boards across the internet. "PSN goes down more than my girlfriend" is a common joke you hear. Google it, or do a search on Twitter.
Here, I did it for you. https://twitter.com/search?q=psn down&src=typd
Here's a search for the last month of "PSN down" on the PS4 reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/search?q=psn+down&t=month That's just from the last month.
Please stop assuming that I'm anti-Sony because I criticize them when they deserve it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not my personal experience, it's the experience of anyone who's owned a PS4. Again, look at my earlier post. All the game sites have reported on it, people on Twitter, message boards across the internet. "PSN goes down more than my girlfriend" is a common joke you hear. Google it, or do a search on Twitter.
Here, I did it for you. https://twitter.com/search?q=psn down&src=typd
Here's a search for the last month of "PSN down" on the PS4 reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/search?q=psn down&t=month That's just from the last month.
Please stop assuming that I'm anti-Sony because I criticize them when they deserve it.

Most all of these are referring to the one attack on the PSN that yeah, it went down, but so did most other gaming services. I see nothing much of frequent outages.

Just because multiple outlets report on a single instance does not mean it's multiple instances.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nintendo fanboys criticizing PSN is the equivalent of a tramp looking through a restaurant window and laughing at someone eating a steak while they pick through a garbage can for their lunch.

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most all of these are referring to the one attack on the PSN that yeah, it went down, but so did most other gaming services. I see nothing much of frequent outages.

Just because multiple outlets report on a single instance does not mean it's multiple instances.

Not the reddit posts. There's ones on there from 27 days ago, 8 days ago, 25 days ago, 14 days ago. That's 4 times in just the last month.
https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network
Here's the downdetector page. Now, I'm not saying that these are all widespread instances, but there's too many people on there complaining about not being able to sign in and stuff for it to be an anomaly. Hell, there were people on Twitter overnight and this morning complaining that PSN is down again.
Hey, I like Sony, but to be blunt, PSN sucks. I'd love to see them upgrade their network so it doesn't go down as much. The only thing that stops them from getting criticized more is that Xbox Live has too many issues as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn