PS4 Release Date Revealed To Be (Announced On) August 20th

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony has revealed a whole lot about their upcoming Playstation 4, from the look of the machine to its controller to the price and final specs. However, one mystery lingers on: When exactly is it being released?

Well, don't worry, now we know... when we'll know.

Join Us At Gamescom 2013

For one week in August 2013, the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany becomes the centre of the gaming universe as the world's biggest publishers and developers invite you to check out the games that will light up the rest of the year and beyond.

We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
:arrow: Sony

That's right, all will be revealed on Tuesday, August 20th (10 AM PST/1 PM ET), so mark your calendars... assuming calendars are still a thing people have nowadays. And people actively care that much, and won't just find out later at their own convenience. And that this isn't all just a tad bit silly.

TL;DR: It was a slow news day, folks.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised.

But even then, I really think with games like Last of Us.. I don't see the point in a new console generation just yet. Xbox 360? Yeah, I can see. But PS3? I believe there's still so much untapped potential. But even then, I like that they'll be talking about PS3. Though it's probably just stuff they spoke about at E3. PS3 still has a good number of years left in it.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised.

But even then, I really think with games like Last of Us.. I don't see the point in a new console generation just yet. Xbox 360? Yeah, I can see. But PS3? I believe there's still so much untapped potential. But even then, I like that they'll be talking about PS3. Though it's probably just stuff they spoke about at E3. PS3 still has a good number of years left in it.

The PS2 was just retired In January of this year but still they will make some games for it like FIFA 14. PS3 will probably be done somewhere between 2018 and 2020. Same for 360.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys may like this, it shows content on what is in the box, image is from amazon uk

71otpXGW9hL._SL1500_.jpg

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like the design of the PS4 one bit. Will wait for a PS4 Slim.
Honestly, the PS4 isn't all that big. It doesn't look any bigger than the PS3 slim, actually. Having the built in power supply makes it difficult to downsize the console by much.

Edit: Yeah, they're pretty much the same size. Picture spoilered below.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the PS4 isn't all that big. It doesn't look any bigger than the PS3 slim, actually. Having the built in power supply makes it difficult to downsize the console by much.

Edit: Yeah, they're pretty much the same size. Picture spoilered below.

It looks a bit better standing up hopefully the stand comes with it, doubtful

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
That photo is misleading slightly, watch this vid of an exclusive PS4 unboxing and skip to 2:30
The picture actually isn't misleading at all. The angle isn't perfect, but you can tell that sans stand, the PS4 would clearly be shorter on its side than the PS3. That video does give a better perspective on it though, which further solidifies that anybody waiting for a smaller iteration of the PS4 will probably be waiting a very, very long time.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fuck you >_>.... Fuck you 2 times. Its 7am and i was drinking water >_>
Oh man, I am sorry :ohnoes:

When I posted that, it was actually an Inception button that made the "BWOONNNGGG" sound whenever you pressed it.

I Googled "Inception button" and it was the first result. I originally wanted to embed it so I clicked "view source" on that site and found the .swf and linked it above. I guess it was a trap :unsure:

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I am sorry :ohnoes:

When I posted that, it was actually an Inception button that made the "BWOONNNGGG" sound whenever you pressed it.

I Googled "Inception button" and it was the first result. I originally wanted to embed it so I clicked "view source" on that site and found the .swf and linked it above. I guess that was a trap :unsure:

Yea... I'm sorry but I'm not clicking that even if its the right link. #emotionallyscarred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1