Ps4 Pro Kingdom Hearts III Limited Edition - Bundle firmware ?

DBHMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just upgrade it straight to 9.00 it's a lot stable than 6.72 version IMO
I prefer to stay in 6.72 I have no KP in 6.72

I am well in 6.72 one day maybe one
CFW it will only be for 5.05 6.72 7.02 because stuck on 7.55 9.00 that's why people insist to update Lol

I am with 6.72 the new games running on 6.72 with the patch I am not interested in the 9.00 to put a usb key all the time lol

Last edited by DBHMods,

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I received my ps4 pro in 6.00 I went to 6.72 with the installation of the testKit on it :ha:
you just not yet experienced kp, my pro was 6.72 before i decided to upgrade it straight to 9.00, got a kp in a middle of game sometimes when running exploit

6.72 without kp is a myth, trust me 9.00 is a lot stable you just need a usb to act as a dongle, even if you're still using harddisk you can run the exploit right from the time you boot the ps4

DBHMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just not yet experienced kp, my pro was 6.72 before i decided to upgrade it straight to 9.00, got a kp in a middle of game sometimes when running exploit

6.72 without kp is a myth, trust me 9.00 is a lot stable you just need a usb to act as a dongle, even if you're still using harddisk you can run the exploit right from the time you boot the ps4
I know but I stay with my, 6.72 on my ps4 pro sorry

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, there's also an icon0.dds file, but it's made by the png version of the file, so if you build a package, you're not supposed to include it as orbis will create it for you. I don't know where that's used, but the avatar folder consists of both png and dds files from what I remember. each with different dimensions, so they're each used in different places on the home menu.
Hey bud... question for ya. You seem to be up on the ps4 scene. We've chatted before over on psx-place a few times...
Anyway i'm trying to make a fpkg out of my own backup for FF7 Remake and this particular game keeps giving me an error associated with the icon0.png file. I think saying that it's not found or something to that effect (I don't have the log file in front of me rn since i'm at work). I looked in the folder and it's definitely there... Am I supposed to actually remove this .png version of the file in order to get the fpkg to finish processing okay? I'm not sure if i'm reading you correctly or not here. I appreciate ya man!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you don't want to remove the icon0.png. there's a second file called the icon0.dds that you'd remove, because I think it's created from the png. the gp4 should not record it, but if you're making a pkg without the gp4, you don't want to add any of the .dds files. leaving the .dds files in will error with orbis.

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you don't want to remove the icon0.png. there's a second file called the icon0.dds that you'd remove, because I think it's created from the png. the gp4 should not record it, but if you're making a pkg without the gp4, you don't want to add any of the .dds files. leaving the .dds files in will error with orbis.
Thanks bud... Yea the dump itself included both the DDS version and the PNG version... I am using a GP4 file as well made from using the orbis toolset.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess make sure that the file is in the sce_sys folder. there's about 10 files created by orbis (all in the sce_sys folder) itself, and it will error if any of those files are present. one of the gp4's functions is to not include those files. if you were doing it manually, you'd have to delete them or it would say something like "cannot create file x" or something since it already exists.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they're in there, make sure your user name on your pc doesn't have a space in it or there are no spaces in the path. I know this is an issue with the ps2 package creator for the ps4. I think the file that creates the sce_sys folder aside from the keystone is the sc.exe, because it's part of the sc part of the package, which is something that can be removed without a passcode. that's why an official package -- its information can be read even without knowing the passcode. image0 requires the passcode though. it will separate both of them when building the package as not to confuse people, it just lists image0 as the entire package. however, if you try to extract it with pub-chk, it will be separated. sc0 is just sce_sys minus the keystone and possibly the right.sprx, which is the copyright file that appears when you go into I think information or something on the home menu. that is also created by orbis, so it's not needed.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they're in there, make sure your user name on your pc doesn't have a space in it or there are no spaces in the path. I know this is an issue with the ps2 package creator for the ps4. I think the file that creates the sce_sys folder aside from the keystone is the sc.exe, because it's part of the sc part of the package, which is something that can be removed without a passcode. that's why an official package -- its information can be read even without knowing the passcode. image0 requires the passcode though. it will separate both of them when building the package as not to confuse people, it just lists image0 as the entire package. however, if you try to extract it with pub-chk, it will be separated. sc0 is just sce_sys minus the keystone and possibly the right.sprx, which is the copyright file that appears when you go into I think information or something on the home menu. that is also created by orbis, so it's not needed.
Yea I ended up figuring it out. Essentially user error on my part. The drive I was trying to process these from was only 250 GB. Just a small SSD I used to dump the game. I was thinking since I set my temp folders to larger drives on my pc it wouldn't be problem, but I was wrong. I moved the dumps directly to the internal drive and it processed without a hitch. I appreciate the advice though man.

On another note, you don't by chance have a good suggestion for re-marrying DLC to a game base that came from a different source than the DLC, do you? I was poking around looking at a few different homebrew apps for this sort of thing, but wasn't quite sure the best route to go... Same title ID's, just different sources

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I ended up figuring it out. Essentially user error on my part. The drive I was trying to process these from was only 250 GB. Just a small SSD I used to dump the game. I was thinking since I set my temp folders to larger drives on my pc it wouldn't be problem, but I was wrong. I moved the dumps directly to the internal drive and it processed without a hitch. I appreciate the advice though man.

On another note, you don't by chance have a good suggestion for re-marrying DLC to a game base that came from a different source than the DLC, do you? I was poking around looking at a few different homebrew apps for this sort of thing, but wasn't quite sure the best route to go... Same title ID's, just different sources
iirc, you don't have to remarry dlc. there's not even a place to put the base package information like a patch in orbis anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: