1. Soulbladerunner

OP Soulbladerunner Newbie
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Hi All
    I have a PS4 Pro with the initial firmware it came with 5.55. I just bought a PSVR Headset and it is already on 4.10 and wants me to upgrade the Ps4. I cannot do anything with it right now it just turns of if I decline the update. Is there anything one can do with Specters Webkit exploit to get the headseat working or do I need to update the firmware to 6.0? If so would you update to 6.0?

Thanks
    Soulbladerunner

2. Mo Poge

Mo Poge GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want to hold out hope that someday a new kexploit is released, then don't update.

You could also update to the latest FW (which is 7.0, btw, not 6.0) and start using your stuff. You could also buy a 5.05 PS4 (Pro) on ebay/Craigslist if you want to go that route instead or in addition to.

The decision is yours.

3. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd just update. There's nothing going on with the PS4 scene as far as later firmware exploits, and we've been stuck at 5.05 for almost 2 years.

4. theasker

theasker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Daaam has I been 2 years already? :O

I know that I can't complain since I'm not the one who put hard work into this etc etc, but daaam those who find exploits are really slow.... :/
    They are really either really slow or the later firmware is really hard to exploit...

Draft saved Draft deleted