PS4 Pro announced, launches Nov 10, 2016 for $399

_91063531_ps4pro.jpg

Sony's mysterious PS4 Neo has been officially revealed as the PS4 Pro, and will be releasing this year on November 10, 2016. The console will cost $399USD/£349GBP, and will support 4K gaming and videos. Playstation VR will get a huge visual boost on the Pro, as well as older games getting "forward support" to allow them to be played in 4K resolution.

:arrow: You can see the entire conference, and GBAtemp's roundup of the event here.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you made use of it because your system is hacked - most users are interested in how the games use the feature, and that's where the screen is not utilised correctly. If it's just used for off-tv streaming, it's a waste.

The WiiMC serves the same purpose that Netflix does which doesn't require a hack, just allowing me to use any video files and not being restricted to what is available on that service at that particular time. Beyond that, off-tv play applies to more than just watching shows and movies, I was also referring to being able to play games while the TV is being used to watch something else, which again, I've made incredible use out of.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally believe that a constant fps is more important. Without any stuttering or frame dips. Do you really need those extra 30 frames in that second? Most games, probably not but some competitive titles you might to get you an extra edge on the game.

Eh. While they were clearly joking around? My issue with framerate anymore is consistency. I couldn't care if it runs at 60fps or 30fps. If it doesn't stay there? It's a far less enjoyable experience anymore.

I take it you never used Liberty on PalmOS back when that was a thing. Playing many gameboy games at a "consistent" 36-42 FPS instead of the normal ~60 could be quite annoying, you pretty much had to limit yourself to RPG type games. If you don't believe me, just download Gambatte and Super Mario World and try to play it at 35-40FPS (FPS can be set/forced under miscellaneous settings).

Last edited by nl255,
D

Deleted User

Let's be honest, we'll be lucky if the NX is even on par with the original PS4. Having the highest end specs has never been of concern to Nintendo.
If nintendo are smart they should make the nx it least as powerful as the ps4. Because third party support + nintendo first party games + free network = rip ps4. But yea I don't think it would be as powerful.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
All these issues are dumb.

The real problem here is the absolutely sucky name. And people complain about Nintendo's naming schemes, Sony's designers need to stop smoking weed on their planning conferences.

Reactions: Deleted User

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these issues are dumb.

The real problem here is the absolutely sucky name. And people complain about Nintendo's naming schemes, Sony's designers need to stop smoking weed on their planning conferences.

This name doesn't bother me nearly as much as the Wii U. I always hated that name and I think it hurt overall sales of the console by having a name so similar to the name of the console before it. Conversely, the labeling of the New 3DS has never bothered me.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I take it you never used Liberty on PalmOS back when that was a thing. Playing many gameboy games at a "consistent" 36-42 FPS instead of the normal ~60 could be quite annoying, you pretty much had to limit yourself to RPG type games. If you don't believe me, just download Gambatte and Super Mario World and try to play it at 35-40FPS (FPS can be set/forced under miscellaneous settings).
Emulators vs the real deal. It'd annoy me though. Lol

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Something is off. Something. I 'unno what yet. Consoles that can run VR and 4K? Very fishy. They can't pull that off in a $400 system without taking some shortcuts. The PS4 Pro likely just upscales games. So much for all that fidelity they were talking about in the event. And PSVR may just be interpolating frames to achieve a higher frame count. Also, the PS4 Pro can't do 4K Blu-Rays ( https://twitter.com/StuffTV/status/773609999381790720 )? What's up with that? It's Sony's format and the Xbox One S does it?? So damn fishy...

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Speaking of, where are all the Wii U Amateur controllers?

If you have a Wii U in the 1st place you are even below Amateur. The Wii U pro controllers even things out to Amateur level.

PS4=pro
3=semi-pro
2=Amateur
1=casual
0=below Amateur

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously those games were designed to run at 60 fps. They weren't graphically intense even during its time. Dropping down to less frames would generally hurt the games performance and that's why you have options like frameskipping on emulators to get you back to the 60fps even if your missing a few frames.

PC games and new Gen console games are different. Not only that you could play newer games on older hardware if you drop down to 30fps using 2 frame v-sync. You can get much smoother experience because the frames are not jumping from 60fps to 48fps to 23fps and back to 60fps randomly. That's why I said a constant 30fps is better than having a choppy fps when you only peak at 60fps with dips all down to 20fps randomly.

For example I pirated Rainbow Six Seige for PC and I can get 60fps but was getting random dips in the fps. Turning off bloom and blur got me a constant 60fps and made the game much more enjoyable to play.

And I agree, consistency is probably more important than higher framerate, but if you can have both, definitely that's best.

If that's the case spend hundreds of dollars on a really good GPU and you cant complain. Most of the world won't jump on the enthusiast PC master race. For me and hopefully every non-bigot out there 30fps is just fine for most games. Call of Duty or any other fast paced games will need the extra 30 frames maybe. I have played many PC games while changing from 30fps to 60fps and the difference isn't big enough to ruin a game at all...

Last edited by Luckkill4u,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night