Hacking PS4 Pro 7.55 JB issues after upgrade to large disk

Missingno_force

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, better late than never, I went and did some more testing in regards to stability.
Result: after about 15 exploit attempts, all but 1 worked first try with zero issues (using gold hen as payload, sent via netcat).
I did pull the updates which have been as fresh as half a month ago, so stability might have improved even further because of that (the one failed attempt was using the initial release.
BTW, easy way to trigger KPs is to leave the jb USB drive plugged in and restart the console.
As for this, the exploit notification explicitly tells you to remove the drive after you close the notification, the github readme also explicitly states that you have a high risk of corrupting the heap if you have the drive attached at boot. So if you encounter issues with the drive left in all the time, that is entirely on you. (I attach and detach the drive as asked by the exploit, keeping it in only for as long as needed).

Testing setup:
PS4 Pro (CUH-7000 series) on 9.00
Exploit hosted locally on a raspi (from ChendoChaps repo, no repacks)
USB Drive using the "large" exFAT image

Notes:
PS4 has never had a PSN account connected/linked to it.
Homebrew launches fine (tested with Patch Installer and Payload Guest).
Disc based games (with sideloaded updates, either by hand or via Patch Installer) work fine.
fPKGs have not been tested.

Reactions: dr_lucas

dr_lucas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Excellent post, thanks. Wish you tested with some fPKGs as well, tho. :)
As for this, the exploit notification explicitly tells you to remove the drive after you close the notification, the github readme also explicitly states that you have a high risk of corrupting the heap if you have the drive attached at boot. So if you encounter issues with the drive left in all the time, that is entirely on you. (I attach and detach the drive as asked by the exploit, keeping it in only for as long as needed).
Corrupting the heap is basically triggering KP, never heard of any data loss caused by the USB drive not being removed. There were cases where the DB got corrupted tho, but that's about it.
Since no KP has been triggered in your 15 attempts, I think the stability of the data on the 8TB drive still remains to be seen.

mark777myers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 8tb ssd with 9.00 jailbreak. I installed about 100 gigs of games then tried to force kernal panic by leaving USB still attached after jailbreak then restarting. PS4 will not recover using any of the options in safe mode tried update, rebuild database etc only thing that works is initialize disk which wipes everything.
I read 4tb internal works so tried that with kernal panic and recovered no problem.

ReelModZz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a 8tb ssd myself and after loading games id say about 30 or so, the next day ps4 wont start norally with the ps controller and after booting it up manually system crash going into safemode after having to plug the controller in, i loose every struggle of installed games, and i have to utilize the syste causing every gae lost, i gotta start over, my ps4 slim running fw9.00. any reason why it does this, i mean after reading a few posts on the internet, theres nothing solid to keep this from happening, and the max size for a ps4 internal is 8tb ssd/hdd.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a 8tb ssd myself and after loading games id say about 30 or so, the next day ps4 wont start norally with the ps controller and after booting it up manually system crash going into safemode after having to plug the controller in, i loose every struggle of installed games, and i have to utilize the syste causing every gae lost, i gotta start over, my ps4 slim running fw9.00. any reason why it does this, i mean after reading a few posts on the internet, theres nothing solid to keep this from happening, and the max size for a ps4 internal is 8tb ssd/hdd.

Assuming this is using fpkg instead of real pkg, you need to have a seperate database for those PS4 games, the built in database doesn't work for fpkg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.