PS4 Pro 5.05 firmware will not boot from sleep mode need help

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by gixer, Aug 10, 2018.

1. gixer
    OP

gixer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2007
    Iceland
    Hi , got a ps4 pro with firmware 5.05 that was hacked
    not by me , was brought to me for repair , not booting from rest mode only after full turned off .
    i have a feeling this is not hardware related but caused by guy playing around with the options on the extra stuff on the dev menu
    has anyone seen this ?

2. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    sleep mode does not work when running HEN

3. gixer
    OP

gixer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2007
    Iceland
    oh , thanks . i think the issue is also when Hen not enabled , i will check again and let you know . many thanks

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    What do you mean by "not booting from rest mode".

There are two types of rest mode, one for usb charging and the other which leaves games hibernated. You can't hibernate fake signed games in 5.05, they come up with an error when you turn the console back on (but the console comes back on). Using usb charging rest mode works fine.

There are no permanent hacks, so if you cold boot the machine and put it into rest mode and it won't turn back on at all then it's a problem & nothing to do with the rest mode issues with the 5.05 hacks.

5. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    United States
    xxx
    Hi, you guys have issues opening HEN as well?

They making some changes atm?

6. gixer
    OP

gixer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2007
    Iceland
    Thanks so what you are saying is that i cannot make any permanent changes with all the new options added on the dev menu ? Nothing i could change there would take affect after a hard reset ?

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Nothing that would affect rest mode. I'd reinstall 5.05, if it still doesn't work from rest mode then put in a new hard drive and use 5.05 recovery mode pup.

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    You should disabled the rest mode. So just reinstall it and you should be fine. Just dont forget to disabled the rest mode then.

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Why disable it? I use rest mode with 5.05 hen and it works great for charging usb devices.