Ps4 potential

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does everyone still think the ps4 is going to blow away the wiiu? Aside from that capcom game the real they show pretty much looked next gen, and alot of people on the net have noticed this as well. When someone on a forum mentioned some of the titles look current gen which they do the sony fans got upset and tried to defend if, but at least now they knows how it feels at least.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I think its going to happen wether you like it or not guildy , its inevitable , all i can say about the PS4 is that it didnt blow me away , the share thing is a gimmick at best . The only exciting thing i saw was the streaming prospects from cloud gaming. All the dumb numbers people throw around dont mean fek all till the devs put them through their paces and i cant see it happening at launch , just like the MEH wiiu ports were seeing currently.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But dev's have already said that theres very little they can do now in terms of graphics, it will never make big jumps anymore. Most of what they're able to do would be refinement such as sparks, additional wrinkles on skin more or less just bring more detail to the graphic already available.

But then again who knows what we'll see when dev's get used to programming for the system

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
all sony systems always have the best games. ps4 has the chance to destroy wii u to pieces, bruh.

look at ps2 lineup, has the best lineup for a console ever. ps1 brought you them classics. ps3 has the best exclusives for its generation. the last of us and versus 13 only makes it 10X better.

ps4 is gonna be AWESOME.

gen's sony has won:

ps1 gen - CLASSICS
ps2 gen - best selling console ever, GOAT game lineup, incredible.
ps3 gen - best exclusives. that's what defined this gen. I don't care about online play or psn or xbox live.

:yayps3:

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But dev's have already said that theres very little they can do now in terms of graphics, it will never make big jumps anymore. Most of what they're able to do would be refinement such as sparks, additional wrinkles on skin more or less just bring more detail to the graphic already available.
More units on screen, better anti-aliasing, consistent 60 frames per second, widespread use of 1080p resolution. Keep in mind most last-gen games were restricted to 720p and 30fps.
There is a lot more devs can do with the extra power, and the proof is seen in today's top-of-the-line gaming PCs.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty impressed that developers have continued to pump out impressive graphics from the PS3 and 360 - both of which are 7-8 years old at this point. If the next generation is anything like this one, then it may take some time before we truly see what the PS4 is capable of. So yeah.

If you just want a flame-baity response - PS-Force, Play Battlestation, Dem graphics, Wii Useless, Nintendon't, Wiik, etc. etc. That should do it.

Reactions: Scuba156

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slanted OP, good for a healthy, festering thread.

I think nintendo is going to do what they do best and attack the nitch market that isnt really into "gaming".
Sony is going to chug along and have pretty poor sales at first, but in a year or two after the release, they will get up to speed and show they are a powerful gaming platform like they have been before. In terms of sales? who knows.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only potential I like out of the PS4 is that it might be easier/more relevant to provide some nice PC versions of games with little investment on the part of developers.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Most Nintendo consoles get "blown away". I'm not trying to say Nitendo consoles do horribly I'm just saying every time Sony and Microsoft release a console it's far more impressive than what Nintendo offers.

As for PS4, FUCK YEAH PS4.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But dev's have already said that theres very little they can do now in terms of graphics, it will never make big jumps anymore.
Who said that in the history of ever? Every newly-developed GPU family allows for more polygons, every time more memory or faster memory is added, it allows for better textures, each time new specialized cores are created, they allow for better physics (which sometimes constitute graphics as well, I mean natural-looking flexing of materials), more particle effects, better lighting... Graphics will continue to develop on and on until they reach the level of realism that's indistinguishable from reality, and we're tens of years away from that still.

There are jumps that are still ahead of us - eventually, as we push past the silicone and into newer, more capable materials we might get rid of polygons altogether and go full-voxel - imagine a game built out of tiny particles, just like the real world.

Most of what they're able to do would be refinement such as sparks, additional wrinkles on skin more or less just bring more detail to the graphic already available.
Meaning what's been going on since the very dawn of video games? Yes, that's still going on.

Reactions: Gahars

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
all sony systems always have the best games. ps4 has the chance to destroy wii u to pieces, bruh.

look at ps2 lineup, has the best lineup for a console ever. ps1 brought you them classics. ps3 has the best exclusives for its generation. the last of us and versus 13 only makes it 10X better.

ps4 is gonna be AWESOME.

gen's sony has won:

ps1 gen - CLASSICS
ps2 gen - best selling console ever, GOAT game lineup, incredible.
ps3 gen - best exclusives. that's what defined this gen. I don't care about online play or psn or xbox live.

:yayps3:
64 > PS1 for classics.
DS > PS2 sales and ps2 only got heaps of sales because they broke so damn much.
Nintendo exclusives > PS3 exclusives

Nintendo has won all of them, well maybe not ps2 gen cause ds technically isn't part of that generation...
But that's like the first generation Nintendo has lost.

Reactions: Yepi69

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
64 > PS1 for classics. //All 5 of them. The N64 has 387 games in its library versus 2418 of the PS1's - naturally the PS1 has more "classic" titles. N64 games are only "classics" if you're a Nintendo fan.
DS > PS2 sales and ps2 only got heaps of sales because they broke so damn much. //PS2 is hands-down the best home console of all time, this fact was accepted a long time ago. Don't compare handheld consoles to home consoles because they have completely different target audiences.
Nintendo exclusives > PS3 exclusives //Again, a matter of taste.

Nintendo has won all of them,//Except againts the PS1 which sold a zillion times better than the N64 and had way more games and except againts the PS2 for the same reasons.
well maybe not ps2 gen cause ds technically isn't part of that generation... //What? The Gamecube is very much a part of the same generation the PS2 was.
But that's like the first generation Nintendo has lost. //Clearly it isn't.

I'd also like to mention that this post is completely out of the blue, off-topic and... I'm sure you didn't want to stir anything up, but that's how it looks like.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
64 > PS1 for classics.
DS > PS2 sales and ps2 only got heaps of sales because they broke so damn much.
Nintendo exclusives > PS3 exclusives

Nintendo has won all of them, well maybe not ps2 gen cause ds technically isn't part of that generation...
But that's like the first generation Nintendo has lost.
I face floored so hard I'm fairly certain I have permanent brain trauma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1