PS4 online blocked for countries without a PSN store.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,872
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted_171835

OP
User Gennosuke asked on today’s EU store post whether or not he’ll be able to play online in Romania. Fred Dutton answered apologetically.

“Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.”

As this is the EU-specific store, there’s likely to be other areas where this is an issue.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/ps4-online-blocked-for-countries-without-a-store/

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been this way for the xb360 and possibly the ps3 for different countries since they're releases. So no real surprises here. However I'm glad to here Sony is at least thinking about taking care of those countries.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am surprised to see that Israel does have a psn store :wtf:
How so? It's quite large for a country and I'd imagine western type of lifestyle (read: console gaming) is quite popular.

As for the news, this is kinda.. Well.. Odd. At least VPNs are available to all so routing traffic should make it possible to access online (that is, if people bother).

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? It's quite large for a country and I'd imagine western type of lifestyle (read: console gaming) is quite popular.

not really large for a country... you can cross it from the northmost part to the southmost in about 8 hours with a car but yes for western lifestyle...

in terms of gaming, sony is popular for based people while the xbox is popular for people that don't want to pay for games... nintendo is non existent

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not really large for a country... you can cross it from the northmost part to the southmost in about 8 hours with a car

As opposed to most other European countries or if you break it down states in the US?

I am more surprised Iceland is not there -- they have a fair tech industry including quite serious web/server/hosting stuff.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As opposed to most other European countries or if you break it down states in the US?

I am more surprised Iceland is not there -- they have a fair tech industry including quite serious web/server/hosting stuff.
new_jersey.gif

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised Sony has PSN over here(while Nintendo and Microsoft don't give sh*t about us), so it looks like I won't be having problems playing online. :yayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1