Hacking PS4 on 5.05, how to delete 5.55 update file?

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately before I disconnect the PS4, it downloaded the 5.55 update file. Now using the current exploit how can you delete the file? (I would prefer not restoring the system or resetting anything)

I read on reddit you can run update blocker and it will corrupt the downloaded file and you can delete it from the download manager. Does this work?

dannyb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this yesterday and nearly shit myself because I had turned updates off well in advance but it still downloaded it but kept prompting me to install.

Use this guide it helped me out.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ftp'd into it and the update file was already gone, cant find it in the update folder and its missing off the download manager.
It fully downloaded the file yesterday and was nagging to update but I changed the dns and only ran hen and installed and ran GOW pkg.

I'm still on 5.05 but it seems the 5.55 file is gone now.

Reactions: KiiWii

THCsGameChannel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I ftp'd into it and the update file was already gone, cant find it in the update folder and its missing off the download manager.
It fully downloaded the file yesterday and was nagging to update but I changed the dns and only ran hen and installed and ran GOW pkg.

I'm still on 5.05 but it seems the 5.55 file is gone now.
Same with my PS4. I asked the same question yesterday and today the update is just gone like yours.

Reactions: KiiWii

Soukai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
couldnt he just use the update blocker instead of ftping? my file got lost after i blocked and tried to install it

Last edited by Soukai,

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is there a way to make sure the update won't download in the background?
For instance, I know that I shouldn't install the new firmware, but let say that my friends or my little brother sees that update prompt and just updates it :/

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to make sure the update won't download in the background?
For instance, I know that I shouldn't install the new firmware, but let say that my friends or my little brother sees that update prompt and just updates it :/
Just run the disable Updates Payload. It created empty folders for the updates and so the PS4 wouldn‘t download one of the updates.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just run the disable Updates Payload. It created empty folders for the updates and so the PS4 wouldn‘t download one of the updates.
Is that a permanent thing or do I have to do it often?? Not that it bothers me, I just want it to accidentally download the updates:wub:

And what if we use the Android method instead? We have to remove Al-Azif DNS in order for it work right? Isn't that more risky?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that the update folder is just a temp location kinda like the import folder for the wii u, so you may not find it in that same location. you may have to format if you can't find it. :(

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my guess is that the update folder is just a temp location kinda like the import folder for the wii u, so you may not find it in that same location. you may have to format if you can't find it. :(

Check out LM's latest EXTREME unblocker for hints to other locations: https://pastebin.com/rjBSbdtH

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...that's a lot of update locations. the import location on the wii u is where new games/dlc are stored before being moved. the wii u also has an update folder, as you probably know. once an update has finished, it's moved to some unknown location. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh