PS4 Less Powerful Than The Nintendo WiiU?

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Doubts-for-new-PS4-release-and-Wii-U-support.jpg

A Twitter user asked Shuhei Yoshida if the PS4 will be less powerful than the Wii U and this is what he said.

Twitter

What you guys think?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone here really cares about what some guy said on twitter about some console that doesn't even exist yet

D

Deleted User

The PS4 isn't even announced yet. They could change the console easily. Besides, Twitter is less reliable than the official Sony site.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
can i say something to increase my post count?

the point is how much? they do aim towards the fact that the ps4 will be super stronger than current consoles. i expect that but hope for cheaper prices.

maybe this can be moved to the ps3 discussion.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No real source?
I strongly doubt Sony would release a system after the WiiU and not make it stronger than the WiiU. Although who knows, since the WiiU isn't out yet and the PS4 hasn't even been announced, there is no hard evidence behind this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If Wii U's about 1.5x PS3, I doubt they would make a 1x PS4 (equivalent to PS3), they'll do at least an 4x PS3
4x is a bit of an overkill, I don't think they will. In fact, 1.5x the PS3 actually sounds about right, 2x at best. Sony never aimed for the "top specs-wise" - they simply want to release proper next-gen systems that are pleasant to program for for developers - it's always been like that.

D

Deleted_171835

If Wii U's about 1.5x PS3, I doubt they would make a 1x PS4 (equivalent to PS3), they'll do at least an 4x PS3
4x is a bit of an overkill, I don't think they will. In fact, 1.5x the PS3 actually sounds about right, 2x at best. Sony never aimed for the "top specs-wise" - they simply want to release proper next-gen systems that are pleasant to program for for developers - it's always been like that.
Ehh, the rumours and leaked specs say otherwise. Sony is opting for a full generational leap this time.

And a $599 price-tag again because they want to go bankrupt.

Edit: And then I realized that 4x PS3 is roughly equivalent to the leaked specs (certainly isn't a slouch, though)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try again Catboy.
Let me rephrase that. Considering the fact that the PS3 is a very powerful system, for Sony to allow the PS4 to be weaker than the WiiU just seems like something Sony wouldn't allow.
Although this is pure speculation since the PS4 wasn't even announced and we don't even know the specs of the WiiU. So honestly we are just talking about speculation and not real fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol