Hacking PS4 Jumped from 4.55 to 5.51.. But I can still run exploits.. HELP?

x0b3chn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I should probably start off by saying at the beginning of the day my PS4 was on firmware 4.55, updates were disabled. All that I've done today is make some PS2 Classics .pkg and test them until then, here's where I think I fucked up, installed the Rick & Morty VR game.. Don't ask, it's only 500mb and I wanted to see what happened if I tried to run a 5.05 game on 4.55. It ran fine, then I was planning to update my PS4 to 5.05 just now, which is when I was stricken with the horror that is my PS4 now being on firmware 5.51!

But.. As of right now I can still run games, and I also ran the app2usb payload successfully. This leaves me some hope that maybe the console displaying its firmware as 5.51 is just some kind of bug? Is there any way for me to tell without restarting it?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you powered off and back on and checked the version number (without running any payloads) if you've not updated to that version it should be fine and reboot reporting the correct version

x0b3chn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restart the PS4, on the system setting if it says 5.51 on system version you are screw.

Well yeah, that's obvious. And since I most likely am screwed, I'm just going to avoid the console restarting at all, at least until I finish the PS2 game I've been playing (that is still running, which kinda makes no sense.)

Have you powered off and back on and checked the version number (without running any payloads) if you've not updated to that version it should be fine and reboot reporting the correct version

I haven't, I'm trying to avoid that for as long as possible.. Ideally my PS4 won't be restarting at all now unless the room loses power or something. But I'll let you know what happens when it finally does.

Last edited by x0b3chn,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, that's obvious. And since I most likely am screwed, I'm just going to avoid the console restarting at all, at least until I finish the PS2 game I've been playing (that is still running, which kinda makes no sense.)

It shouldn't be on 5.51 if you didn't have a forced update

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are your machines been spoofed by whatever payload you ran. If hacks are still working I know for a fact you haven't updated as the new kernel doesn't allow the hacked content to work. (Also a PS4 forces a reset after updating the firmware so there no way you'd be running the old kernel still with the new build installed.)

Reactions: x0b3chn

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this help

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_220435.jpg
    IMG_20180527_220435.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 541

x0b3chn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me, it's prob a spoofed payload. Reboot and you should be fine.

Sounds like version spoof, doesn't the VR payload do that?

Holy shit, you guys just made me the happiest I've ever been to feel like a total moron.

Thanks.

Chances are your machines been spoofed by whatever payload you ran. If hacks are still working I know for a fact you haven't updated as the new kernel doesn't allow the hacked content to work. (Also a PS4 forces a reset after updating the firmware so there no way you'd be running the old kernel still with the new build installed.)

Yep, I just got paranoid when I saw "5.51" and panicked a bit.. Or a lot actually.

Last edited by x0b3chn,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy shit, you guys just made me the happiest I've ever been to feel like a total moron.

Thanks.
Yeah when it happened to me I made the same type of post. I was literally shitting bricks when my ps4 froze and was forced to reboot, thinking it was a goner I checked the firmware and was quite relieved it was back to showing 4.55.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks.

Yep, I just got paranoid when I saw "5.51" and panicked a bit.. Or a lot actually.
I felt bad for you. I can image how you must went into panic mode :rofl2: Glad to hear that it was caused by spoofing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."