PS4 JB - Download and Install PKGs from Console?

Bauti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a JB PS4 and I would like to know if there is any Tinfoil-style software for the PS4 that allows you to download and install PKGs directly from online shops. Tinfoil is a CFW program for the Nintendo Switch, in case somebody didn't know about it.

Thanks for reading! :bow:

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a JB PS4 and I would like to know if there is any Tinfoil-style software for the PS4 that allows you to download and install PKGs directly from online shops. Tinfoil is a CFW program for the Nintendo Switch, in case somebody didn't know about it.

Thanks for reading! :bow:
Pkgi

Reactions: Bauti

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah sorry about the title, I didn't think about that.

Why you say this will never take place?
There is unlikely to ever a free shop type deal where you can use a homebrew app and get the games direct from Sony’s servers.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works out better by manually downloading because you need to take into account the updates.

And if you want to play the GTA Definitive Trilogy then you may want to wait a couple more months or a year to see if they'll make it actually "definitive."

jdexo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It'd be pretty interesting being able to download fpkgs directly from sources you can at least kinda trust. I need an external hardrive just to be able to unrar the files on my laptop

Reactions: Bauti

Bauti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There was one, I won’t mention the name, but it is private and was a paid for service. Just download and install them yourself. It’s cleaner and easier.
I may have read about this. There's some brazilian freeshop. Do you mean that one?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there's a pkgi for the ps4? since they're fpkgs, I'd be very careful where you're downloading this stuff from. in the ps3 scene, they had stuff that could steal your personal information.
There's a PKGi which the creator is intending for homebrew. It has been in beta since a couple years ago, there hasn't been any release yet. Link: https://github.com/theorywrong/PKGi
And some team call TeamDreambox are working on something called Dream Box Store. It has been in beta (also) since 2020 and there hasn't been any update at all on it, just a demo preview on Tecniqueza's YouTube channel.

Reactions: Bauti and godreborn

Bauti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There's a PKGi which the creator is intending for homebrew. It has been in beta since a couple years ago, there hasn't been any release yet. Link: https://github.com/theorywrong/PKGi
And some team call TeamDreambox are working on something called Dream Box Store. It has been in beta (also) since 2020 and there hasn't been any update at all on it, just a demo preview on Tecniqueza's YouTube channel.
Yeah it seems that's the two only projects made public. Supposedly you could message the guy behind the Dreambox Store and make a donation to be granted access, but I'm not fully certain about it.

It strikes me at odd that there's this lack of interest in developing something this huge. At least on the switch there's a big community behind the freeshops.t It's kind of lame for me. Once you get used to this technology it's hard getting back to the old fashioned ways.

Anyways, thank you guys for all the answers, I'll keep investigating in case something shows up. :)

Jay88Lynch

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is the right area. I'm new to JB on ps4 and am interested in downloading some games. Would you recommend a VPN or is there somewhere I can download the games without the need of a VPN

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this is the right area. I'm new to JB on ps4 and am interested in downloading some games. Would you recommend a VPN or is there somewhere I can download the games without the need of a VPN
VPN is when you need to access a website that's blocked whether due to the ISP or country. That's it. You don't need it for this.

Folks here can't tell you where to get this sort of stuff, but it's easily obtainable (although the hoster will make you wait 60mins unless you pay for a 1mo account to download without any limits).

An 8TB HDD would be ideal, FYI.

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh sorry. Just in case you saw my post, I don't recommend you search for the three letters which are the file extension of a package file and the word links after it with no spaces in google. Nor is it a good idea to find a website that has the word game and a dash in it with a number 2 and the letter u in it. As if the "game" was to "dash two u." I highly highly recommend not searching for a list by this person with the first name Al and the second name Vro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey