Gaming PS4 Gamesharing?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unsure if I understand the premise of gamesharing on the PS4 but I've noticed you can activate a PS4 as your primary system allowing everyone else on the PS4 to play your titles. (On PS4s you haven't activated as your primary I believe you need to be online in order to verify to licenses in order to play your games.)

Anyone know if this is correct? Seems as though we'd just have to activate our accounts on the other person's PS4 as the primary one so they could play our games and vice versa. The only downsides are that you need to be online to play your own games and two that other PSN account on your PS4 can't play your games due to the PS4 not being activated as your primary system.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Primary system is just like how PS3 is doing. As long as user account that was used to bought the game exist, then everyone, including other users on the same system, can play it.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, what? I'm not sure I understand and I am very interested in this.
With PS3 I would buy games using my account linked with my email. Then my brother would sign in on an account we named DREBIN and he would use my email to sign into shop. From there he could activate the second system-licensed download that nearly all games come with.

It was super easy and made it so he didn't have to buy many games but would get more and more piling up thanks to my ps+ and self serving purchases.

When I started my PS4 it asked if I wanted to be the primary system and I said yes for obvious reasons. But if he got one what could we do? Is it similar?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.