1. HaloEffect17

OP HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Canada
    I synced a PS4 controller via bluetooth to the PS3. I am able to press and hold the PS button on the controller to turn the PS3 on, but it doesn't do anything when I press and hold the PS button as an attempt to turn the PS3 off. What is going on here?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    it might be the difference between actually turning the system on to off and standby. I have a receiver controller where there's are two off buttons. one of them is for standby, which may be the problem here. it may be looking for either standby or off to be pressed. I don't game on my ps3, nor have I tried a ps4 controller on it, so this is just an idea as to why it's not working. with my receiver, I have to use the actual receiver controller to set in standby or off, so my cable, dvr can't turn the system off then.

3. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I realize this is a few weeks old but...
    The PS button on the ds4 (dualshock 4) isn't regonized as the PS button on the ds3 controller. Why does it turn it on then? I really have no idea. You can't get back to the XMB or turn the console off if you are using a ds4 controller. I was able to get around this by using a Mayflash Magic-NS . This makes it appear as a real ps3 controller. However, you cannot turn the system on with the Magic-NS. Ironic, I know. You can even use Wii U, Switch, or Xbox controllers with it. Don't bother buying another ps3 controller. All the ones available now are fake.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Controller, Connected, button