Hacking PS4 4.05 Update available to Block the hack

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
can't you read? There is possibly a hack on 4.01 ? Why the hell would you update unless you want to wait 5 years on a new exploit damn...

docxsido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i just wanna know , could we be able soon to play pirated games ??? could the chinese hack lead to a CFW ?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna know , could we be able soon to play pirated games ??? could the chinese hack lead to a CFW ?

I am guessing playing pirated games currently would be like playing pirated games with Loadiine. It would suck, but work. As time goes on if a CFW comes out pirating will become better like the WudInstaller exploit. Idk if its just me I am more excited for SteamOS than pirating PS4 games. :)
My friends will be sooooo jealous I can play some XBOX only games on my PS4. (Like Left4Dead 2, etc.)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys let me clear some things out:
1. even if the hack is real, it's just a kernel exploit. We already have that on 1.76. It's shit. It was shit. And it will remain shit. It will allow you nothing more than to customize your freaking home screen and run linux. So don't get too excited.
You're just wasting your online functionality of your ps4.
2. even if we could somehow achieve piracy on the ps4, it will not be good. Same will happen like on the ps3 5 years ago. Sony will push an update out that will change everything, so you will have to stay on an older firmware, you can't play online, you can't pirate all the new games, cause they need the new update. That's not something really worth it. But you guys decide. But I think the PS4 piracy will make sense after the PS5 comes out.
Not gonna be a ps5. Sony is releasing a ps4 upgrade called the ps4 pro which can be upgraded over time similiar to a pc so there will not be a need for a ps5.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1. even if the hack is real, it's just a kernel exploit. We already have that on 1.76. It's shit. It was shit. And it will remain shit. It will allow you nothing more than to customize your freaking home screen and run linux. So don't get too excited.
2. even if we could somehow achieve piracy on the ps4, it will not be good. Same will happen like on the ps3 5 years ago. Sony will push an update out that will change everything, so you will have to stay on an older firmware, you can't play online, you can't pirate all the new games, cause they need the new update. That's not something really worth it. But you guys decide. But I think the PS4 piracy will make sense after the PS5 comes out.
1. The only reason the 1.76 exploit was "shit" was because it came out a year after the firmware came out, when Sony (and everyone else) updated their console. Virtually no one had a 1.76 PS4, so virtually no one bothered developing anything for it. It's the same thing as Rejuvenate for the Vita, few people got it, so few people developed true Vita homebrew. If this hack were legitimate, it'd get infinitely more attention since a ton of people were sitting at 4.01.
2. People used to just spoof eboots to get new games running on 3.55, I imagine the same thing could happen here, too.

Reactions: iVcU and Zero72463

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ps3 was offline only after 3.55 jailbreak? and games for higher FW were patched really quickly!

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Alright guys! The mice are out of the bag and the cat is starting to chase them ;)

Heres is the vulnerability explained in depth! released by Chaitin Tech!

https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-16:15.sysarch.asc

GO GO DEVS!

No.
bsd exploit.png

Reactions: mustafag32g

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my PS4 downloaded the 4.05 update and shows that i am ready to update.
I haven't update yet.
How do i remove it?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
my PS4 downloaded the 4.05 update and shows that i am ready to update.
I haven't update yet.
How do i remove it?
I had that same problem, decided to format my HDD by using the Initialise PS4 option.

You don't need to block using DNS, but you DO need to disable automatic updates in the settings.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spoofing thing on the PS3 only worked because they got all necessary keys to do it.
On PS4 this isn't the case.
It may become like it's on the Vita were you can go online, but new games will only run
if you update.
On the vita people were lucky until now because games used an older sdk version, but it will inevitably come to the point were KH3 or Persona 5 or similar great games will not run.
If they would succeed in pirating the PS4.

Last edited by Wuigi,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The comparison with the PS3 doesn't really help your point because a Rebug CFW PS3 is arguably the best modded console setup you can have. We now have s CFW running a modified 4.80 that can do everything - homebrew, piracy, PS1/2, FTP, the works, with full online capability.

But I recognise your point - it will take a long time to reach that stage. We know that. But we also know that 3.55 was the one and only chance with the PS3, and don't want to miss that same chance with the PS4.

I am lucky enough to also have an Xbox One and gaming PC, so I can give my PS4 a bit of a rest.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good thing I came here before updating.

0 dollars is about what ps4 games are worth or even less depending on how much money one makes.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i read on wololo someone saying 'update your ps4' to the latest, for the hax of that TRSI group.
as it supposedly will work even on the latest fw.

but i think i will stay on 4.01 for now.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hope it may allow firmware spoofing (if it allows homebrew on 4.01+), want to access the store again.
Also hope it'll work on the ps4 pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse