Hacking Ps3xport

absinthee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a friend just sent me a link to something called Ps3xport. It was just released yesterday and I was curious if anyone here was aware of it or how legit it is.

Code:
http://kakaroto.homelinux.net/2014/12/ps3xport-released/

scoops

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I used the IDPS stealer and got it from my ps3 which is OFW latest. Can anyone tell me what this program might be able to do for me, because I seem to not have an understanding of it as of yet. Read the the read me, and I don't quite get it.

autechre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. I used the IDPS stealer and got it from my ps3 which is OFW latest. Can anyone tell me what this program might be able to do for me, because I seem to not have an understanding of it as of yet. Read the the read me, and I don't quite get it.

This release allows the you to dump the PS3 /dev_hdd0 and /dev_flash2 to your PC which can then be de-encrypted and modified (with your IDPS data), and then re-encrypted and copied back to your PS3. You would have full access so I assume one could edit the stock OFW with a spoofed CFW, then after a system restore the CFW would be installed ? Thanks Kakaroto and Flatz for all your work.

scoops

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release allows the you to dump the PS3 /dev_hdd0 and /dev_flash2 to your PC which can then be de-encrypted and modified (with your IDPS data), and then re-encrypted and copied back to your PS3. You would have full access so I assume one could edit the stock OFW with a spoofed CFW, then after a system restore the CFW would be installed ? Thanks Kakaroto and Flatz for all your work.

Hmm... that sounds possible, but I'm going to have to wait until someone who is more knowledgeable than I to make a tut on that. I apreciate the explanation by the way. :) this could be the start of home-brew for higher firmwares than 4.55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1