Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,550
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone mind help clarifying different CFW for PS3? It's kinda hard for someone like me who newly get into the PS3 homebrew scene to know what is what.

Edit: And PS3 CFW shouldn't be safe for going online, right?

Last edited by tivu100,

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means you don't have the files in the correct place. Make a new folder called "htdocs", then move everything except the miniweb.exe into that folder.
Wait why not the .exe you need that to run????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait why not the .exe you need that to run????
Nvm Ik why

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once I have ferrox standard, how do I switch to rebug? Should I just put the update on a usb and update the same way? or is there something else that I need to do first. I heard people say you need to toggle qa but I do not know what that means.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
once I have ferrox standard, how do I switch to rebug? Should I just put the update on a usb and update the same way? or is there something else that I need to do first. I heard people say you need to toggle qa but I do not know what that means.
I think you can install without QA flags
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug+4.81.2+REX+4.82Syscon+Thibobo.PUP

Put it in your update folder like you did with Ferrox then go to update through usb on xmb.
If it doesn't work then try through recovery. Hold PS3 power button till it beeps multiple times then proceed to the fw update screen.
Im curious to see if that works.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I made that change earlier actually but it confused more people haha so I reverted it
Oh ok. Read my above comment # 999. Im curious to see if that works since you can install the same firmware through recovery and rebug 4.81 has been modified to 4.82 syscon.

Meaning no QA flag process for Ferrox.

Last edited by SG854,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok. Read my above comment # 999. Im curious to see if that works since you can install the same firmware through recovery and rebug 4.81 has been modified to 4.82 syscon.

Meaning no QA flag process for Ferrox.
So you're saying we could theoretically skip 12-17 and go straight to 18?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
So you're saying we could theoretically skip 12-17 and go straight to 18?
Yes if you download the rebug that I linked. Its also linked in the tutorial. It skips steps 14-18. For step 12 just download the linked rebug instead of Ferrox. Don't download the non modified 4.81 rebug as it will not work. It only works with 4.81 modified to 4.82 syscon rebug that I linked. - This process works.

Or if you already installed Ferrox. Then just load up recovery and install rebug. No need for QA flags. - I wanna see if this process works.

Last edited by SG854,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes if you download the rebug that I linked. Its also linked in the tutorial. It skips steps 12-17 - This process works.

Or if you already installed Ferrox. Then just load up recovery and install rebug. No need for QA flags. - I wanna see if this process works.
I'd test but in attempting to try with python commands running server.py I'm stuck on it freezing at the exploit. Someone told me I might have more success this way, but it doesn't look like it

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I'd test but in attempting to try with python commands running server.py I'm stuck on it freezing at the exploit. Someone told me I might have more success this way, but it doesn't look like it
Are you talking about the software flasher? Not the CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock