Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 276,401
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using a mayflash 3-in-1 magic joy box with a ps2 controller plugged in. I occasionally had to unplug both items and replug them to get the USB drive to be detected by the system. It's very possible that one device is interfering with the other based on that.
Fuck man, I have no first party controllers I can use.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I am reduced to trying to unplug the controller the moment I hit X, and I can't tell if that's causing the exploit to hang or if it's just the normal hangs. F my life I have waited for this so long to be blocked so hard.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well unplugging the control before the button click registers wasn't causing the freezes, I got it to shut down right. And also pressed X on accident instead of O, so now waiting on the file system check. Which is taking much longer than usual, not sure if that's a good sign or not.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
On the off chance that anyone is as retarded as me around here, if you feel your FTP speeds are slow as fuck (e.g. 2 MB/s) make sure you have set your fucking console to use ethernet and not that shitty 2.4 GHz wifi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well unplugging the control before the button click registers wasn't causing the freezes, I got it to shut down right. And also pressed X on accident instead of O, so now waiting on the file system check. Which is taking much longer than usual, not sure if that's a good sign or not.

Those system checks are always slow as fucking hell (at least on my consoles with 300+ gig HDDs) and always useless.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to download multiman and eveytime it ends up failing and giving me a network error, I've tried like 7 different links and they all do the same:mellow:

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
What a shame that most PS3s don't have the PS1/PS2 hardware built in.
Is there actually any PS3 model that is not PS1 hardware compatible? I know PS2 is only for the very OG systems, but afaik, at least all fats and slims play PS1 natively too.
Sucks that they dropped PS2 though. I'd love to have a hacked Super Slim that could play PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I was asking if my PS3 should be able to recognize the PUP if the update failed I guess we didn't understand each other. I'm asking this question because I'm getting this screen when I try to install the CFW (picture in french but I think it's understandable even for non-french people):

View attachment 106809

OK ?

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there actually any PS3 model that is not PS1 hardware compatible? I know PS2 is only for the very OG systems, but afaik, at least all fats and slims play PS1 natively too.
Sucks that they dropped PS2 though. I'd love to have a hacked Super Slim that could play PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP.

Actually the first firmwares had PS2/PS1 retrocompatibility. On later firmwares, this has been deleted.

If I understand, I can't with my ps3 slim 4.82 2xxx ?

Depends.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the first firmwares had PS2/PS1 retrocompatibility. On later firmwares, this has been deleted.
What are you talking about? They did not "delete" compatibility lol.
All the consoles support everything prior in software, just that the OG PS3 line had hardware for the PS2.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a question: i was successful last night on NOR/NAND WRITER and now without the miniweb or flsh.hex inserted.... can i install the CFW insller without miniweb or flsh.hex?

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are you talking about? They did not "delete" compatibility lol.
All the consoles support everything prior in software, just that the OG PS3 line had hardware for the PS2.

Trust me, I had one PS3 before (a Phat) and it had retrocompatibility. Sony after decided to not support anymore the retrocompatibility, and had been deleted on newer firmwares.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Trust me, I had one PS3 before (a Phat) and it had retrocompatibility. Sony after decided to not support anymore the retrocompatibility, and had been deleted on newer firmwares.
What do you even mean by retrocompatibility? PS1? PS2?
Get a source for your statement please
My OG PS3 played PS2/PS1 games fine at 4.82 with hardware. My later Phat played PS1 fine on 4.82.

D

Deleted User

OP
I own a Slim PS3 with Rebug and can run PS2 and PS1 games via the software emulation fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."