Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 276,410
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Some have suggested that as a way to get around "Data is corrupted" errors when attempting to install the CFW via System Update
Have you tried re-doing the exploit at all?
Since you don't have the means of utilizing the Recovery Menu anyway I'd give it a few more goes but redo the exploit first.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried re-doing the exploit at all?
Since you don't have the means of utilizing the Recovery Menu anyway I'd give it a few more goes but redo the exploit first.
I've redone the exploit almost everytime I've gotten that error.

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

So, with my slim bricked, I found my old phat in my basement.
Serial ends in: CECHA01
IC: CBEH1000

I don't want this ending up like my 2000 slim, so I'll ask stupidly, just to clear any tiny doubts in my own mind. PS3 Phat listed above is a Nand, right? There's no Nor to backup, I can just flash away then install the 4.82 cfw?

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the Cobra version of Ferrox gives me the same exact error (8002F957) at 71%. It's always 70-71%, every time.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

So, with my slim bricked, I found my old phat in my basement.
Serial ends in: CECHA01
IC: CBEH1000

I don't want this ending up like my 2000 slim, so I'll ask stupidly, just to clear any tiny doubts in my own mind. PS3 Phat listed above is a Nand, right? There's no Nor to backup, I can just flash away then install the 4.82 cfw?
It's a NAND, yes.
I never backed up shit on both phats I hacked but honestly, in order to use the backup you'd need to hardmod it anyway, and if you haven't done so already I doub't you're gonna be too keen on doing it anyway :P

Reactions: Ivoire

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just to be clear since it seemed to fix the other guy, but CECH-2501B (Slim) with min firmware 3.40 is compatible and requires NOR, right?

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I went to the page hosted here and click write to nand, the trigger fail shows up and after that the word succeed. Is this correct???

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, after the trigger fail, and succeed word my PS3 beep and turns off all by itself
Yes. When succeed shows up, the exploit runs and once it finishes it beeps and turns itself off. Did you even read the instructions? In fact it even lists it on the exploit webpage you load on the ps3.

Reactions: esc0rtd3w

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. And the question came up in another forum, but is it supposed to beep once and turn off or triple-beep?
Well, on both my phats it was the triple (or double?) beep. Wasn't a single one at least.
When it started it asked me to do the system check meme, which I let it do on one console, and on the other I skipped it. Worked fine on both regardless.

Reactions: esc0rtd3w

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. When succeed shows up, the exploit runs and once it finishes it beeps and turns itself off. Did you even read the instructions? In fact it even lists it on the exploit webpage you load on the ps3.
Yes but the problem now is that I have already downloaded the cfw and place it in my USB, went to system update and always at 75% it shows me the phrase data corrupted

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, on both my phats it was the triple (or double?) beep. Wasn't a single one at least.
When it started it asked me to do the system check meme, which I let it do on one console, and on the other I skipped it. Worked fine on both regardless.
Then I cannot for the life of me figure out why it stops 100% of the time at around 71% of the install. Bought a brand new Flash Drive for this, it was already FAT 32, reformatted it to FAT32 again just in case. Flash drive is USB 3.0.

My system is compatible and it follows normal signs up until that installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.