Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't try it.
It's not a new one, it's from july 2010.
It's a command line proxy without any options, no information on which servers are blocked, if they are blocked or redirected, etc.
And I don't like the readme (yeah, I'm basing my suspicious only over the .exe and the readme), I need to read forums and users report first before using unknown softwares.

I (and you) don't need this one.

I'm using "ProxyServer CF3B5" (which can even replace files dynamically). It's working and do the job just fine. (There are PS3, PSP and Wii mode, but it's working even without these options)
Other solution :
PS3PROXi v1.1, but it's buggy and hang to often.
Logan5's tool, I didn't try this proxy
Server Proxy GUI, didn't try it either.

steam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? damn sorry, i thought it was just released or something..
frown.gif

yes i dl'ed that CF3B5 one too...was wondering which one to try, so this still works? i searched and read some posts about how sony bypassed some of those proxy things

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sony bypassed this since April 13th 2010.

Proxy were used to bypass the firmware update checking, only in order to connect to PSN.
Sony added the Firmware version checking on PSN connection, so even if you bypass the XMB checking if there's a new firmware, the PSN will check which version you are currently running.

If you want PSN, use a Payload which spoof the firmware version to 3.50

If you want to block only the XMB from checking new firmware updates, disable the server access in your router/host file/use the proxy to redirect to a custom ps3-updatelist.txt

The proxy you gave won't allow you to connect to PSN without a jailbreaked PS3. It will only bypass the firmware updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end