PS3 turns on for just a second before power LED turns off completely.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Meteor7, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Meteor7
    OP

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Hello,

I have a Slim PS3 CECH 2501A which I just received back from a downgrading service. When I sent it, it worked just fine, but now it will not stay on. This is everything I know:

When I plug the power cable in, the red light turns on.
    When I press the power button, the red light becomes green, the backlight turns on behind the eject and power buttons, and the disk drive sounds like it begins to spin.
    The PS3 makes a soft click before powering completely down less than 1 second after turning on. This completely turns off the power light as well as the button backlights.
    Pressing the power button once more will bring the red power light back. Unplugging and replugging the power cable acheives the same effect.
    Nothing appears on the TV screen.

I've been in contact with the service providers and they insist that it was working when they sent it back to me. Is this problem something anyone has experienced before? If it's most likely caused by physical trauma, I can make the case that it may have been damaged in the mail (even though it was well-wrapped and the box was in alright condition). I'd just like to know what is the most likely reason it won't boot so I can determine a course of action in order to receive compensation.

Thanks for any advice.