PS3 Turns Five - Game Devs name their favourite PS3 games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Nov 18, 2011.

1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol

I’ve got shocking news for PlayStation.Blog readers: Tomorrow marks the five-year anniversary of PlayStation 3’s launch in the United States of America. Just think — our beloved black box was born into a primordial world where online multiplayer modes were the exception, not the rule; HDDs were a side option for game consoles, not a standard feature; standard-def DVDs were the only choice for home video; and Nathan Drake wasn’t a household name. It’s unthinkable!

To mark the big day (which technically hits tomorrow, November 17th), I asked an army of industry-leading game developers to share their top three “must play” PS3 games. The result is a a definitive list of PS3 games by some of the best game designers in the business. And stay tuned: more developer selections may be on the way!
    Reviewing the list below reveals some interesting patterns. Unlike ICO and Shadow of the Colossus’s domination of last year’s PS2 10-year anniversary list, there was no clear-cut favorite game. PS3 critical heavyweights Heavy Rain, God of War III, and the UNCHARTED series led the pack, while LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, and Portal 2 also enjoyed plenty of attention.

Read more: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/16/ps3-turns-five-game-developers-name-their-favorite-ps3-games/

Mine would be Final Fantasy XIII, Nier and Deus Ex Human Revolution.
    Skyrim is only 7 days old, too soon to be calling it my favourite PS3 game aha - Valkyria Chronicles is also a favourite but not my top 3.

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    InB4Sonywhining.

My top three exclusives would be Uncharted 2, Valkria Chronicles and God of War III.

3. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    My favourites are Call of Duty 4, 6 and 8

:tpi:

1 person likes this.
  4. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Arent they all the same?

5. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Problem?

Anyway, I'd go for AC: Brotherhood, Infamous and Portal 2

6. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    I'd have to say my top 3 PS3 games are Catherine, Demon's Souls, and the Pixel Junk series. It's cool to see developers pick out titles and compare tastes.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Wow, five years? That certainly has gone by quickly...

8. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Damn. Everybody likes Heavy Rain but me. My favorites are Demon's Souls, Vanquish, and Yakuza 4.

9. mightymage

mightymage GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    United States
    tales of vesperia
    tales of graces f
    tales of xillia

1 person likes this.