PS3 trade-ins on the rise as PSN down time drags on

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by jerome27, May 14, 2011.

1. jerome27
    OP

Banned jerome27 Banned

United States

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Oh for gods sakes people, you can't go without psn? You have to go and buy a xbox 360 just to go online?

Really.

3. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    ... And when PSN is back up, I'm sure bunches of people will be coming in to nab super-cheap used PS3's that the shops obtained by lowballing those who brought them in, and the shops will be fine again. Just more short-sighted whining, because they can.

I found it amusing that game retailers seem to think the people who are only interested in 2 games from 1 genre are the "hardcore gamers".

4. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    do we need further proof of mankinds stupidity(not the op but the people trading in ps3's for 360's just to play online)

i mean seriously it is not the end of the world cause you cant play online.

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Really? Is that the only reason video games are around these days is just to play online...well that's it, I just gave up on this generations gamers, they officially proven to a compete batch of shit heads.
    Heaven forget a solo player game comes out or an offline game, there would be riots in the streets.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    when i was growing up we never imagined that one day we would play games online. my point is that games continue to be fun even if you don't have an internet connection. trading in a system because of 1 or 2 games not being able to be enjoyed as multiplayer games is just stupid for me.

i'm going to play with my virtual boy now and laugh as the wonderful 3d enjoyment washes over my eyes and i think about how stupid impatient people can be.

-another world

7. jerome27
    OP

Banned jerome27 Banned

United States
    I think this is about more than just the online fiasco. Sony's done a lot to burn people this gen. Honestly they were doomed the second they announced $599

8. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    "i cantz play cod online? y do i have system?"

Great mentality there. I like how so many people forget fun, single player gaming.

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Honestly I am going to blame COD and Halo for this. People only buy those games nowadays just to play online and showoff how big their e-dick is

10. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    This^

I don't need online play to enjoy a game and if I want to play multiplayer, I would rather play against people who are sitting in the same room with me rather than some little kid who's going to cry and complain because things aren't going their way. People forget about all the great games PS3 has to offer and all the great games that are coming still like Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2. I've really only used PSN to download PSN games I can live without them for the time being.

11. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    A lot of games focus on online and have crappy offline nowadays since companies see it as another form of DRM (being able to restrict access via one-time codes and such).

12. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Just saying that Halo isn't on the PS3. [​IMG]

And I don't see the greatness of online, but I DO see the reasons to trade in their consoles; They just don't trust Sony anymore. If you bought something from a company, you'd expect it to be secure from things like this. Their security was MONTHS OLD. If I had the right motivation, I'd return my PS3 in a heartbeat. But I won't.

Now, excuse me while I go play some FFXIII on my PS3. [​IMG]

13. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Pretty much. The world of single player gaming and same system co-op/multiplayer is becoming what gamers consider to be bad. I'm personally not the biggest fan of online gaming. It's fun every now and again, but I can't understand playing Call of Duty or Halo all day for days and months on end.

14. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Poor kids these days, when I was a kid we had to walk to our friends houses to play games together, there was no such thing as online for consoles. Kids are spoiled these days.

15. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    *checks craigslist*

*ps3 going for $60*

Now if there were any PS3 games I wanted to play, I would pick one up...

16. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    I know Halo isn't on the PS3, but it's has just as much to blame. Because of games like those, video games and even now a large number of the gaming community stopped focusing on the game and what it offers for offline content and only what it offers for online content. Video games now as shorter and getting worse, but no one seems to notice because all they want is the online content.
    Not to bash online gaming, but shouldn't video games at least be fun offline or playing with a friend? Hell even offline multiplayer is slowly dieing off and most games don't even offer that anymore.
    Pretty much I honestly can see why people don't want the PS3 anymore cause honestly most of the games aren't worth playing offline anymore. But that's not the game developer's fault, that's the gamers fault for wanting it that way.

17. jerome27
    OP

Banned jerome27 Banned

United States
    Another source. This time from America. It also mentions the UK article

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/22714-p...ins-on-the-rise

18. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I have been saying for years that online play, short single player and generally a lacking local multiplayer, will kill consoles if they rely heavily on the online to prop up the length of game play time.

19. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    's far as I'm concerned, the real gamers got shunted to the backburner last generation... Now it's all about the tardkores and the caj(casual)fags. There's a reason the last console I bought was a 3DS(my 360 was a surprise present from a friend and my Wii was from my late uncle); I don't give a shit about online FPS or the latest "happy family fun party time" ass droppings; I just want something that will have good games, ESPECIALLY single player.

20. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I'm keeping my PS3 and preordering Atelier Meruru (the special edition), screw the FPS shit, I'll keep my PS3 and have good import RPGs full of moe and cuteness over grabbing a 360, I also heard Neptunia MK-2 will be in Japan come August, I'll get that too.