1. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Horrible experience, I even purchased a new PSU and it still kept having issue, I ended up selling as parts, for cheap.

godreborn likes this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yes, I don't know how it works, but it's genuine. I know that part of the idps contains the minverchk. it's the 8th byte of it. if it's changed, the minverchk will change as well. I don't know how it extrapolates the minver from it though.

3. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Ok, then Hen it is, at least I wont have to deal with the Super Slim shutting itself off every 5 mins, oh it was hell :gun::nayps3: Thank you for your time guys.

godreborn likes this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I think minverchk was made by iCaro, the same person who made pkgview to extract pkgs on the pc. a lot of devs aren't really sure how minverchk works, so I offered that possibility. I know that the minverchk from cfw settings/tools over the network tab changed when a friend of mine changed his idps after getting banned.

5. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I believe is true though, it must be on 3.60 because when I replaced the battery and the clock resetted, it showed me 2012. And I think the year it shows when resetting the clock, is the year of manufacture. I am not 100% sure though

Cheers

Hologram likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    minverchk will tell you for sure. if it's 3.60, it means metldr2, which we don't have the key. we have the key to metldr1, which is when sony really fucked up.

nashismo likes this.
  7. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Run the process. The tool set will tell you if not CFW possible. If not then hen it.

8. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    You mean I should try to install CFW? Because I did run Minvercheck (I think that was called) and it showed me 3.60. So, ok, please confirm then, you are telling me to try to install CFW on this bad boy? (PS3 2511A)

Hologram likes this.
  9. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah the tool set will scan and tell you all the PS3 information before proceeding.

nashismo and godreborn like this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    bguerville toolbox should be fool proof, so you won't be allowed to install cfw if you're not able to.

nashismo and Hologram like this.
  11. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    OK I got it, didn't know about this one! You have been great guys! Thank you.

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    go to psx place to get a full tutorial. I've never used bguerville toolbox, always been on cfw.

13. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read a similar old redit post about the issue you're having and the fix for that person was changing Webman to the lite version because the full was shutting the system down

14. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    In the end, it was the system, nothing to do with Webman. I had to sell that PS3 Super Slim for parts. It does not matter because I bought it cheap. The problem with the Super Slim is that the power supply SUCKS on it. I opened it up and it only had one big capacitor. Intead the PS3 Slim has 2 large Rubicon capacitors, wich in theory makes it a much better and more reliable power supply.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - itself, Before, Super