Hacking Ps3 ps2 bc stopped working after updated cfw?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i had i think rogero 4.70 cobra and everything was fine and dandy.

then i tough why not update to latest cfw so i grabbed this
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-...-versions-included-by-bobby_downgrades.22561/

i have a pal ps3 60gb compatible with ps2 games, and i played them just fine before, now i just get a black screen and i even have to hold power button for 10 seconds to shutdown the ps3 when it crashes loading ps2 original discs.

ps1 and ps3 work fine, so you think its this cfw issue? or something else?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes because you're trying to play PS2 isos from a hard drive and not a disc right? That requires cobra even on a backwards compatible ps3. Just reinstall the pkg, or download it find it using google.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes because you're trying to play PS2 isos from a hard drive and not a disc right? That requires cobra even on a backwards compatible ps3. Just reinstall the pkg, or download it find it using google.
i said i use real official ps2 discs i do not have anything on hdd.

all official discs.

well i reinstalled cfw without cobra, just cfw version and my ps2 discs are working again so i guess i wont be going with the cobra version then.

Last edited by pedro702,

Mr.Denni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So i had i think rogero 4.70 cobra and everything was fine and dandy.

then i tough why not update to latest cfw so i grabbed this...

i have a pal ps3 60gb compatible with ps2 games.

Sorry, I'm a newbie, may I ask how did you update your firmware to the latest CFW? Did you simply install it as a PS3UPDAT.PUP file or there were any steps involved?
Recently, I've just bought a used PS3 BC CECHB00. When I checked the firmware version via XMB it's said "4.83", BUT when I checked it through multiman, it's "4.75" with Cobra version 7.1.
If I wanna upgrade it to REBUG 4.82, can I simply install it as a PS3UPDAT.PUP file?
Also I was already removing the BD drive, do I have to put it back on before upgrading the CFW? Or can I just upgrade the CFW without it?
Thanks

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, I'm a newbie, may I ask how did you update your firmware to the latest CFW? Did you simply install it as a PS3UPDAT.PUP file or there were any steps involved?
Recently, I've just bought a used PS3 BC CECHB00. When I checked the firmware version via XMB it's said "4.83", BUT when I checked it through multiman, it's "4.75" with Cobra version 7.1.
If I wanna upgrade it to REBUG 4.82, can I simply install it as a PS3UPDAT.PUP file?
Also I was already removing the BD drive, do I have to put it back on before upgrading the CFW? Or can I just upgrade the CFW without it?
Thanks
i just got a fat32 usb flash drive made on the a folder called PS3, inside that folder created a folder named Update and then put the update renamed like you said inside.

then you need to turn ps3 on and hold the button until it shutts off and then do the same again until you hear two fast beeps that time just take the finger off and you will be in recovery mode, put your ps3 controllers connected through usb (no bt in recovery) and the falsh drive should be inserted too and you update through usb there.

Reactions: Mr.Denni

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: