rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps3_japan_end-1200x675.jpg

It looks like the PS3 has finally ended it's almost 11 year run, with production finally ending in Japan. The number of PS3s sold is estimated to be around 84 million, an impressive run for any console. The PS3 didn't take the throne for the seventh generation of consoles, however, with that feat going to almost every casual gamer's favorite console, the Wii, which sold well over 100 million consoles.

:arrow:source

Last edited by rileysrjay,
Reactions: VMM

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am i supposed to build my power cell home now? No more ps3 to do it with. :ninja:

Worst part is no more backwards compatible systems with ps2, lets hope ps3 grill can get true CFW sometime. :(

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, those were still being manufactured??
IIRC the production of the PS2 ended about a year ago in Japan. So this isn't that surprising.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoops, I just checked and PS2 production ended in January of 2013, a few months before the PS4 was announced. Does this mean PS5 confirmed? :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC the production of the PS2 ended about a year ago in Japan. So this isn't that surprising.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoops, I just checked and PS2 production ended in January of 2013, a few months before the PS4 was announced. Does this mean PS5 confirmed? :P
No but PS4 Pro + / PS4 Pro Pro

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

S

Saiyan Lusitano

God, they were still making that shitty looking PS3 model? Glad it's come to an end.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck to Sony. There's no way these will last longer or as long as the PS3 and 360 when the PS4 entered the market as a weaker console compared to the PS3 and 360 on their release and the PS4 Pro can only do so much with the mobile CPU

Good luck ? LOL! What a superstitious. :)

We shall wait and see but I believe it can live longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse