PS3 price drop confirmed in Canada

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by deathfisaro, Jul 7, 2007.

Jul 7, 2007
  1. deathfisaro
    OP

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Future Shop, Best Buy have dropped their PS3 price to $659.99, 2 days ago they were both $699.99 (Best Buy one included Motor Storm with their $699.99 offer, but they ran out of online stock of Motor Storm -local stores may have Motor Storm but they probably don't have PS3 anyway-, and dropped the price to $659.99 without Motor Storm. Future Shop PS3 was purely $699.99 on its own, now it's $659.99 on its own. Someone posted a link of Toys R'Us selling PS3 for $659.99 already, but that's after the price drop news was out so I have no idea wether it was more expensive before. I've checked all sites listed in Playstation.ca's Where to buy section and all were $699.99, some with bundled games. And now most of them dropped by $40)

Sony Store, however, still sells it for $699.99. (Is this what Ryoji meant? lol good luck selling this)

But we'll have to wait until next week to find out if it will drop $150 as store moles reported or if this $40 price drop is a... "Price drop"
    $659.99 is printed on flyers, so check them out or visit their website.

www.futureshop.ca
    www.bestbuy.ca

P.S. I think the $150 price drop is a done deal, stores are aware of decrease in sales until then so they're seducing people who aren't aware of this "news" by dropping $40. Some people definitely have been sold over. "WOOT $40 drop!" But us, hardcore gamers, know better than that [​IMG]
    Only one week to go! The best priced blu-ray player is awaiting me [​IMG]

2. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Thing is at launch the PS3 was already 659,99$ at futureshop, then couple weeks later, it magically upped to 699,99. So this 40$ isnt really a price drop, just justice. And according to the money exchange rate, 599.99 US Dollar = 632.305 Canadian Dollar. With a 100$ US reduction we should pay 530$ canadian. I'm pretty sure it will be more than that though.

3. deathfisaro
    OP

Canada
    No need to wait until 13th
    The worker name removed for privacy.
    So I shouldn't have cancelled the order... Dang I could have gotten PS3 + Motorstorm for 549.99 now I need to buy MS separate...

4. Antihero2007

Member Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think they'll have to drop the price by £200 before I'll take much interest, not that it would matter I just bought a laptop I couldn't afford a PS3 right now anyway. Oh and I've never checked this but does your TV need to be HD ready for the PS3 to work on it, or will it work on all TV's?

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    It will work on any TV, just about, even people with none HDReady HDTVs are ok.

6. kernelPANIC

Member kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Neat! Now you can save some bucks on those overpriced blu-ray players.

7. deathfisaro
    OP

Canada
    Yay cheap blu-ray player for me~