Hacking PS3 Phat 4.82 now hacked: what should I do now?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Like the title stated I have finally hacked my PS3 and installed Ferrox 4.82 standard CFW (since there are some CFW out there and I'm not sure of the differences), the question is what should I put onto it? I'm looking to do these 3 main things:
  1. Play any DVDs and Blu-rays without restriction. For some stupid reason my console would only allow certain DVDs from 2000s to play, and anything beyond that wouldn't work. (Blu-rays were still fine though.)
  2. Decrease the likelihood of my PSN from getting banned. There's a few homebrew apps like PSNNinja or SEN Spoofer, so I'm not quite sure what's the best homebrew app/plugin to use for this.
  3. Playing PS2 game discs. My PS3 is not BC and I'm not looking to run them through .iso files. There doesn't seem to be much information beyond the capability of running PS2 .isos from my searching.
Finally, does anyone know the significant differences between standard, cobra and dualboot CFW? Everywhere I look there seems to be a very vague answer about what these different CFWs offer (or even explaining what a CFW is itself which isn't helpful) without actually going in-depth as to what makes them any more different than the others. I'm mainly asking this one for anyone else's benefit as well.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Playing PS2 game discs. My PS3 is not BC
No way, you can only inject games in the official "PSN PS2 emulator" which as the name says, is not designed for original discs :)
But you can backup your original games in Multiman

Finally, does anyone know the significant differences between standard, cobra[...] CFW?
For all I figured out:
"Cobra" firmwares, compared to normal ones, have integration (but not necessarily the required software built-in) for FTP, ISO loading, etc -- the name comes from Cobra, who is a company that made PS* modding tools including an ODE and in particular a dongle-based CFW, "Cobra USB v6"
The next question is then why is the standard type still made? Most likely it's easier to port to new base OFWs due to less features, but I don't really know :)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No way, you can only inject games in the official "PSN PS2 emulator" which as the name says, is not designed for original discs :)

Great, so after all that waiting I'll still have to shell out for a BC model to properly play those discs. :rofl2: I'm not a big fan of saving them to hard drive storage.

Any suggestions for the other two questions?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But you can backup your original games in Multiman

For all I figured out:

The next question is then why is the standard type still made? Most likely it's easier to port to new base OFWs due to less features, but I don't really know :)
Wth yes you can with cobra.
Great, so after all that waiting I'll still have to shell out for a BC model to properly play those discs. :rofl2: I'm not a big fan of saving them to hard drive storage.

Any suggestions for the other two questions?
Install rebug, it is the best custom firmware. Install rebug toolbox and then open it and enable webman and debug settings and such. When webman is enabled go to webman settings in XMB and enable dynamic fan control and set it at 65 degrees so that it doesn't go higher and that way you'll be YLOD safe. For PSN acces you can use psnpatch but for rebug 4.81 it is best to use SEN enabler.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Install rebug, it is the best custom firmware. Install rebug toolbox and then open it and enable webman and debug settings and such. When webman is enabled go to webman settings in XMB and enable dynamic fan control and set it at 65 degrees so that it doesn't go higher and that way you'll be YLOD safe. For PSN acces you can use psnpatch but for rebug 4.81 it is best to use SEN enabler.
Does higher fan speeds wear out the fan motors or is this a non issue?

If you manually instead webman on Ferrox how do you uninstall it and use rebugs built in one?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does higher fan speeds wear out the fan motors or is this a non issue?

If you manually instead webman on Ferrox how do you uninstall it and use rebugs built in one?
No it does not and if it does you can easily buy a new one. I rather replace a 1 / 2 dollar fan then to reball an entire PS3 that will cost you prob more then a hundred bucks.
You can delete the webman plugin but normally there's no need for that when installing rebug because it overwrites i think

Last edited by kumikochan,

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Unless rebug lets me do all 3 (or 2 if the PS2 one's not possible) things, I don't see how this is relevant other than for optimization.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unless rebug lets me do all 3 (or 2 if the PS2 one's not possible) things, I don't see how this is relevant other than for optimization.
eum what ?
Lets you do what all 3 things ?
Most firmwares use the cobra plugin that makes it so that all ps2 disc can be played just by inserting the disc or reading it from an iso.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
eum what ?
Lets you do what all 3 things?

The other two questions that have gone unanswered, I mean:

1. Play any DVDs and Blu-rays without restriction. For some stupid reason my console would only allow certain DVDs from 2000s to play, and anything beyond that wouldn't work. (Blu-rays were still fine though.)
  2. Decrease the likelihood of my PSN from getting banned. There's a few homebrew apps like PSNNinja or SEN Spoofer, so I'm not quite sure what's the best homebrew app/plugin to use for this.

EDIT: Acutally the PSN one's been answered, just not the DVD question.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The other two questions that have gone unanswered, I mean:

EDIT: Acutally the PSN one's been answered, just not the DVD question.
I guess it does but i'm not 100 percent sure since i don't use that feature. But rebug is the most stable and best firmware anyway. It has Always been like that and worked on together with Habib, Rogero and the Rebug team

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I guess the last question needed on this is where do I get a Rebug Cobra enabled 4.82 CFW? Because the Rebug site doesn't have any for 4.82, unless Ferrox or overflow CFW can do everything rebug can?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1