PS3 outsells Wii in Japan In November

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Wii is still impossible to find in Japan, right? I don't think any comparison is fair in that case. Neither absolute nor relative figures can be compared when one number has an upper limit due to shortages.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't think they are ditching backwards compatibility. They are replacing the ps2 hardware with software emulation which will suck because not all the games will work. The XBox 360 has this issue since it does the same thing. Only maybe 300 original XBox games work on the 360 and I think Microsoft stopped working on the backwards compatibility bit.

On that note the Wii now currently the only console that is 100% backwards compatible with it's previous console. All Gamecube games and nearly all accessories are said to work with the Wii according to the Nintendo site.

Oh and the PS3 only has one game that I was worried about and it was FF13 but if that is the only good one then I probably won't be getting one. I don't have room for another console that is just going to collect dust which the PS2 is doing right now.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just thought it was a bitch move on Sony's part to exclude the PS2 hardware that was implemented in the PS3 and using those components as the new PS2 Slim model.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't think they are ditching backwards compatibility. They are replacing the ps2 hardware with software emulation which will suck because not all the games will work. The XBox 360 has this issue since it does the same thing. Only maybe 300 original XBox games work on the 360 and I think Microsoft stopped working on the backwards compatibility bit.

Nope - the new 40Gig PS3s have *NO* backwards compatibility with PS2 games. They have software emulation of PS1 games only.

The European models had a 50/50 solution where the Emotion engine was replaced with software emulation while the Graphics Synthesiser (GS) chip remained. The new models have both chips removed- Sony reason was that customers didn't want it. Customers reponse has been to buy all the ones that do have it. Apparently the going rate in Europe for one of the "not-as-gimped as the new model" PS3 has now gone back to launch price.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wii will be sold out in Japan, just like everywhere else. I don't know why Nintendo have always had the problem keeping up with demand. M$ never have with the 360 and neither has Sony with the PS3 (Though sales have just started to pick up). I still say that Nintendo are limiting how many wiis are made or holding back stock, just so everyone will want as they can't get one.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's more the case that like in the US the Wii is impossible to keep in stock. So when you constantly go to the store and look for the Wii, eventually they broke down and got the PS3 instead. It's okay, when the Wii is back in stock, shazzam!

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 outsells Wii in Japan but...

PS3 sales dropped right after the release of the 40GB and two significant price drops.

Media Create PS3 hardware sales

10/29 - 11/04: 17,434
11/05 - 11/11: 55,924
11/12 - 11/18: 39,178

Sony can't gain momentum with their faltering PS3 sales. These sales prove Sony is in big trouble. Hardware sales are suppossed to go up after two price drops and the release of a new model, not down.

Basically the PS3 is such a failure in Japan that people are writing books about it. Think I'm lying? Here's the book.

Japanese Book on the Failure of the PS3

gknamidame.jpg

So yeah basically this whole "PS3 outsells Wii" story is a big pile of public relations spin that is being spread around the web by agents of the SDF and some sneaky Sony Viral Agents.

Unfortunately the truth has ruined their plans.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte